THIS POSITION CAN BE REMOTE ACROSS THE US
The Manager, Coding Operations is responsible for leading and managing the evaluation, recommendation, establishment, implementation, and analysis of new and improved production workflows, work processes for systems, reporting, and new products/programs to improve customer service levels and overall quality.
- Assists and supports in the planning, coordination, development, and implementation of approved projects which are Divisional and/or Corporate in scope, in order to enhance the overall efficiency of operational procedures, methods, controls, and performance.
- Analyzes, processes, and/or expedites operational transactions. This may include timely resolution of problems.
- Assigns diagnosis codes to medical records using ICD9-CM and/or ICD10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting.
- Participates in systems testing, develops procedures/controls, and provides recommendations for the ongoing improvement of the updated process.
- Provides leadership team with status of projects and issues, communicates, and recommends policy decisions to achieve project objectives.
- Utilizes and maintains available corporate production and reporting systems, produces routine and non-routine reports, presentations, letters, communications, and graphics.
- Assists personnel (both internal and external) by answering questions, supplying information, and training.
- Represents department and division as requested on work groups and special assignments.
- Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with customers and/or partners.
- Participates in development of annual departmental budget, monitors budget, and identifies budget discrepancies. Researches cause and makes recommendations.
- Responsible for balancing workload to optimize the effectiveness of the department.
Directly supervises exempt and non-exempt staff in accordance with company policies and applicable Federal and State Laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to effectively interviewing, hiring, terminating, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and counseling employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; supporting and encouraging the engagement process.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required. EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree in a related field. AAPC or AHIMA credentials (CPC, CPC-H, CCS, CCSP, RHIT, or RHIA) required. Master's degree preferred. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged. EXPERIENCE:
Five (5) years of experience in medical record coding or related field is required. One (1) year of leadership experience also required. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
Demonstrated knowledge and competency in the following areas: claims or inquiry processing experience, analytical experience, ability to produce statistical information from conceptual needs, experience working with PC application and/or mainframe systems preferred, and application of ICD-9 / ICD-10 Official Coding Guidelines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and contribute to process improvement programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
This job has expired.