Position Title: Manager, Global Colocation Expansion Strategy & Analysis
Location: Dallas, TX (Remote)
The role is primarily responsible to develop financial colocation expansion business cases for approval by the Digital Realty Investment Committee (IC). This includes building a model with assumptions for: colo pricing, kW sales pacing, connectivity sales pacing, electrical power density, capex and opex expenditures.
Additionally, the Manager, Global Colocation Expansion Strategy & Analysis will conduct assessments of pro forma assumptions vs actual performance, and may be asked to support other business plans for new market entry, margin improvement initiatives, improvements in the overall capacity delivery cycle, or similar activities.
This is a highly visible role that touches nearly all departments within the firm and requires exceptional financial skills, communications & influence acumen, negotiations skills and sound judgement.
What you'll do
What you'll need
- Development of Colocation Expansion Business Cases:
- Own and revise the colocation expansion Investment Analysis (IA) template for various expansion scenarios (e.g. leasehold, development, DLR TKD, international, etc.)
- Ensure expansion projects are backed by sound financial measures & assumptions
- Conduct follow-up assessments of expansion performance vs. original business case
- Leading cross functional teams and sub-teams in the development of sound financial case including:
- Sales & Segments teams on opportunities that require demand and market input
- Operations and Engineering teams to ensure build-out costs, FTE requirements, and operational expenses are accounted for
- Legal for entity creation and input on localized tax laws
- Asset Managers for budget review, cost basis metrics, and other data
- Accounting for addition of new locations codes into systems
- Product Management, Marketing, and Product Marketing for budgeting of events, collateral, go-to-market planning, etc.
- Be familiar with Digital Realty products & services, markets served, and apply corporate strategy to case development
- Understanding of colocation supporting departments & functions
- Capacity reporting, Sales pacing analysis, forecasting of capacity needs for 3-to-5-year plan by market, ensure capacity is available to ensure revenue targets
A bit about us
- 4-year degree from an accredited institution in Finance, Business (or equivalent experience)
- 4+ years of experience with complex financial models
- 3+ years in a data center, financial services, or commercial real estate telecommunications experience
- Fundamental understanding of quote to report (QTR) flow
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to be clear and concise
- Experience in wholesale and/or retail data center industries
- Strong budgeting and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Experience with Oracle and Yardi a plus
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel (expert skills here), and Power Point
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills which include but are not limited to: relationship building, collaboration, influencing, and negotiating
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
Digital Realty supports the world's leading enterprises and service providers by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL®, our global data center platform, gives customers a reliable foundation for scaling their digital business and efficiently managing data gravity challenges. The size and scale of our business puts us in a unique position to offer customers access to 290+ facilities in 50 metros across 26 countries and 6 continents.What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers.
Join us and you'll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you'll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We'll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us.
This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future.Notes:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled. All applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or Company policy.
Digital Realty cares about the health and safety of its workforce, customers, and vendors. Digital Realty encourages all new hires to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated by their start date. Employees who are not fully COVID-19 vaccinated may need to comply with our weekly COVID-19 testing requirements if required per your job requirement, work location and customer obligations, subject to applicable workplace accommodation requirements.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
This job has expired.