What you'll do...
As a part of the Walmart Supply Chain organization, you will contribute to the success of our Transportation Network! Why? Because Sam Walton founded our company with the belief that the customer is #1. It is not just a belief, but our way of doing business. With our Supply Chain Team at the forefront of retail transformation you can work on a team that is ultimately focused on delighting our customers, saving them both time and money in unexpected ways. As the biggest player in the game, we trust our associates to innovate the future of Supply Chain!
Walmart Intermodal is looking for top talent to join the organization as a Manager II. This leader will help develop a growing team that is launching new verticals for delivery for Walmart Private Fleet. The team is solving complex problems and putting strategies in place to scale intermodal transportation for Walmart across the globe.
The Walmart intermodal team is seeking entrepreneurial minded, solution oriented, creative problem solvers to help build this program. The ideal candidate has in-depth analytical skills, with the ability to use data to make informed decisions and create buy in from stakeholders. This Manager II will influence across the organization; including but not limited to supporting the development of business strategy plans, providing cost reductions and process efficiencies, and analyzing the impact and benefits to internal processes. The Manager II will lead, coach and mentor their team to ensure alignment of goals and strategies and build a team-based work environment.
The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to lean into their peers and internal and external stakeholders. This is a high impact team with great visibility from executive leadership at Walmart.
An ideal candidate should have
- Champion the Walmart intermodal teams long-term planning and strategy
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal stakeholders (Fleet, Procurement, Strategy teams, Engineering, Operations, Finance) and adjacent Analytics resources.
- Define and develop short-term and long-term forecasts to share with our external partners and coordinate with them to ensure the partner capacity needed to support the business
- Lead the efforts and process to gather and create SOP requirements or process improvements
- Extract data from numerous databases (Excel, SQL and/or other data management systems) to perform reporting and analysis as needed
- Define and develop performance KPIs to assist with driving business objectives. Use data to streamline and improve network efficiencies, and for future planning and design. Create data visualizations to illustrate metrics and recommendations
- Escalate discrepancy in the information and data to the respective teams and ensure resolutions are delivered
An ideal candidate would exceed our expectations with
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, Statistics or related field and 2 years' experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related area OR 4 years' experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related area
- 2 years' experience with advanced functionality of Microsoft Office
- Strong understanding of transportation; specifically intermodal transportation
- Experience using SQL, Python, Tableau, and data analysis skills
- Experience leading a team
- Master's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Statistics, Operations or related discipline
- Understanding of managing supply chain functions from forecasting to optimization, planning and executing within the logistics or transportation field
- Ability to proactively function as an individual contributor, as well as influence across internal and external teams
- Demonstrated success building a strategy from end to end and driving acceptance across an organization
- Ability to use complex data analysis to make informed decisions and plan for growth
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Six Sigma- Certification
- Project Management- PMP Certificate
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, or related field and 2 years' experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related area OR 4 years' experience in logistics, distribution, transportation, or related area. 2 years' experience with Microsoft Office. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Fleet management, dispatch, or network analysis, Retail Logistics Operations
Masters: Business, Masters: Logistics, Masters: Supply Chain
Six Sigma - Certification Primary Location...
311 NORTH WALTON BOULEVARD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America