This job has expired.
Manages the daily operations of the department or assigned area/function to ensure alignment with departmental and organizational objectives.
• Assists with developing and implementing specific departmental goals, plans and regulatory standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
• Prepare policies and procedures required to keep department in compliance with regulatory standards and inspection ready at all times (i.e. CAP, CLIA, OSHA, JCAHO etc.)
• Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction, and conflict management. Performs and oversees scheduling, recruitment, payroll, and student engagements.
• Develops the training material and the competency assessment tools used by the department and ensure that all associated documentation is kept up to date.
• Investigate and recommend testing procedures to be used in the department in conjunction with the Medical and Laboratory directors.
• Monitors departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts and vendor relations. Determines and justifies needs for systems/equipment/supplies purchases, monitors usage, and oversees proper working order and/or stock supplies.
• Provides input to the budget as well as monitor expenses for the department. Prepare and monitor monthly personnel budget, operating budget and expenses with Laboratory Director.
• Maintains an in depth understanding of current instrumentation, procedural, regulatory and billing activity that applies to the department.
• May perform method validations and ongoing method assessments.
• May perform accurate and appropriate testing of specimens received in the laboratory, according to established laboratory protocol and procedures.
• May report test results in a timely manner according to established laboratory protocols.
• May act as the Laboratory Director when necessary.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• LABORATORY QUALITY CONTROL: Applies statistical theory and performs quality control procedures.
• LEADING BY COACHING: Knowledge of coaching approaches, tools, and techniques that improve individual performance and foster development.
• MANAGING PEOPLE: Uses HR/Performance Management processes and systems to align individual performance to achieve organizational results.
• HEALTHCARE REGULATORY ENVIRONMENT: Applies knowledge and understanding of legislation and regulatory bodies to healthcare practices.
• CLINICAL POLICIES AND STANDARDS: Applies knowledge of clinical standards, policies, and procedures relevant to function and organization.
• Clinical Lab Supervisor License - FL
• Medical Laboratory Scientist
• Certified Medical Technologist
Education equivalent experience:
• Graduate of an accredited Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Scientist program
Complexity of Work: Advanced knowledge of laboratory procedures and instrumentation. Ability to effectively relate and communicate with internal and external customers. Advanced knowledge of laboratory information systems. Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: Three (3) years of supervisory experience required.
••National Certification as a Medical Technologist (MT) or as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS).
• Bending and Stooping 40.00%
• Keyboard Entry 60.00%
• Kneeling 40.00%
• Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 40.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Lifting or Carrying > 75 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Reaching 40.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 60.00%
• Sitting 40.00%
• Squatting 40.00%
• Standing 60.00%
• Walking 60.00%
• Audible Speech 80.00%
• Hearing Acuity 80.00%
• Depth Perception 80.00%
• Distinguish Color 80.00%
• Seeing - Far 80.00%
• Seeing - Near 80.00%
• Bio hazardous Waste 40.00%
• Biological Hazards - Respiratory 40.00%
• Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 40.00%
• Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 40.00%
• Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 40.00%
• Asbestos 40.00%
• Dust 40.00%
• Gas/Vapors/Fumes 40.00%
• Latex 40.00%
• Computer Monitor 60.00%
• Laser/High Intensity Lights 40.00%
• Magnetic Fields 40.00%
• Moving Mechanical Parts 40.00%
• Needles/Sharp Objects 40.00%
• Potential Electric Shock 20.00%
• Potential for Physical Assault 20.00%
• Radiation 40.00%
• Wet or Slippery Surfaces 40.00%
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida's largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
Posted 10 minutes ago
Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) or Physician Associate (PA) - Augusta, GA (40 Hours Weekly With Benefits and PTO)Healthstat, Inc
Posted 10 minutes ago
Float Medical Assistant or LPN - New Berlin, Sussex, Oconomowoc, WI (40 hours/week with Benefits and PTO)Healthstat, Inc
New Berlin, Wisconsin
Posted 10 minutes ago