Founded in 1999, MHS is a full-service provider of innovative material handling systems that solve the challenges of distribution and fulfillment operations. We build, engineer and maintain systems for some of the biggest companies in the world, including UPS, FedEx, Walmart, Amazon and others. MHS is already one of the 10 largest material handling system suppliers worldwide, and we only expect to continue growing. We're looking for top talent to be part of the journey.
The Mechanical Dynamic Engineering Manager will be responsible for leading and managing the MHS D&F Mechanical Dynamic Engineering Dept. through design, development, and system implementation of material handling projects. Work closely across various engineering departments & project management teams to properly schedule and track mechanical engineering efforts through the project lifespan and ensure on-time systems delivery within budget.
- Manages a team of mechanical engineers, including recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, and counseling; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedure
- Take ownership of engineering performance for mechanical engineering team.
- Attend project turnovers and appropriately assess projects for technical risks, cost risks, and schedule risks prior to the engineering execution and team deployment
- Coordinate and balance workload using both internal and external resources to complete scheduled engineering activities as required.
- Monitor and coordinate actions with Problem Resolutions in engineering to ensure departmental awareness and corrective designs are implemented.
- Creative and out-of-the-box thinking when designing conveyor-based systems to help meet schedule, budget, and customer expectations without any direction.
- Make educated project staffing choices based on team skills, program priorities, and customer visibility
- Successfully define within the Mechanical Dynamic Engineering dept. workflows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness
- Analyze, recommend, and/or develop new concepts, standards, and technology for higher quality and cost effectiveness.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, with 7+ years-experience within the material handling industry.
- Experience managing a team of up to 20 engineers.
- Understands the financial responsibilities when managing a team and ensures team members accurately complete time sheets, are staying within or under budget, providing process improvements and balancing workloads.
- Ability to work individually and under minimal supervision in remote, office, and customer site environments
- Knowledge of CAD design software including AutoCAD, Inventor & Solid Works.
- Ability to solve complex design issues and implement effective and cost-efficient solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with executives, engineers, sales executives, vendors, and peers
- Demonstrated stand-up presentation skills, group facilitation, and ability to effectively interact with customers
- Excellent management skills for directing, coaching, scheduling, and assisting team members
- Familiar with the standard conveyor concepts, terminology, practices, and procedures typically used in the material handling industry.
- Equivalent work experience will also be considered as a substitute for education.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 - Office Apps.
This job has expired.
- Must be self-motivated, self-aware, detail-oriented, and results-focused.
- Expert understanding of conveyor equipment withing the material handling industry.
- Understanding of function and design of automated material handling systems.
- Ability to schedule, manage, and execute complex system implementations, enhancements, and retrofits.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with MHS team members, project managers and customers in a professional written and spoken manner.
- Excellent organization, analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent leadership, teamwork, influencing, mentoring, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to produce quality designs, drawings, programs, and documentation with minimal errors.