The Manager Patient Access is considered a leadership position that provides support, direction, and focus for the staff involved in all areas of patient access. The Manager Patient Access works collaboratively with the facility service departments, referring providers, and patients to facilitate ease of access to services provided by the facility. This position is responsible for the staffing, and management of daily activities to produce successful outcomes of all patient encounters. This position measures productivity and outcomes. Managers are expected to monitor adherence and compliance to CHRISTUS standards, directives, regulatory requirements and other guidance that mandates requirements governing such processes. This position also works to ensure that financial performance objectives are achieved that are related to revenue cycle initiatives. The Manager Patient Access is expected to maintain effective professional relationships with other department leadership, share ideas, and implement actions related to the patient access functions. The ability to communicate effectively with all types of people at all levels is critical. This position is expected to provide the leadership needed to promote a team work environment. Patient Access is responsible for encounter creation management to include scheduling functions, pre-registration, registration, insurance verification, pre-certification and authorization, calculation of reimbursement and patient responsibility, collection, posting, reconciliation, and successful billing. Numerous regulatory requirements are included in all these process and Management is expected to monitor for compliance.
- Ensures that areas within the Patient Access functions are directionally aligned with CHRISTUS Health.
- Develops daily workflow monitoring for areas of responsibility and staffs to meet the needs of the organization.
- Responsible for the outcomes of the performance initiatives and supports the metrics outlined for performance measurements.
- Develops processes to meet Patient/Associate satisfaction goals established by facility and region.
- Coordinates the development and professional growth of the direct reports.
- Works collaboratively with facility and regional Leadership to ensure goals and objectives are achieved.
- Responds to organizational and customers needs with innovative processes to ensure service excellence.
- Ensures compliance with relevant regulations, standards, and directives from regulatory agencies.
- Prepares and presents performance reports to Leadership, hospital executives, and others as necessary.
- For facilities that have implemented Lean/HPWT (High Performance Work Teams), Management responsibilities include the following in
- Responsible for assuring that standard process discipline is adhered to.
- Assures that high performance work team is developed through coaching, mentoring and daily shift briefings.
- Responsible for the analysis of the performance metrics to improve process performance through use of Management by Fact process and analysis tools.
- Responsible for implementing process change identified through the MBF process or through world class revenue cycle process work or through team briefings.
- \"Demonstrates competence to perform assigned responsibilities is a manner that meets the population-specific and developmental needs of the members served by the department. \"
- Appropriately adapts assigned assessment, treatment, and/or service methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age-specific and other developmental needs of each member served.
- Takes personal responsibility to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and standards as promulgated by state and federal agencies, the hospital, and other regulatory entities.
- Performs all duties in a manner that protects the confidentiality of patients and does not solicit or disclose any confidential information unless it is necessary in the performance of assigned job duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, business related preferred or equivalent hospital leadership experience required.
- Experience/knowledge in all areas of Patient Access functions including: registration, reimbursement & payer guidelines, billing & collection
- Knowledge of governmental, federal, state, and local regulations related to admissions.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of associates.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Must have practical knowledge of common office software applications including Power Point, Excel, Word, etc.
This job has expired.