This position provides leadership, management, direction, and vision to software engineers and/or development employees including offshore contractors/consultants and interns needed to support, run, and change activities in the software development life cycle. The position works closely with development peers, product and project leaders/managers, and other in-house software developers as well as directs the successful completion and delivery of respective software components and any other related deliverables. The position is additionally expected to report progress to senior management. Additional responsibilities may include oversight of the department budget, identifying and supporting talent, and defining resource requirements and allocations
This individual can work onsite (hybrid) or remote
• 10+ years of Software Development experience
• 2+ years of management experience
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred
• Expertise and proven experience in various staffing and resource models.
• Strong proficiency in database technology, design and manipulation, optimization, and best practices.
• Knowledge in normalized/dimensional data modeling principles and their application to complex business needs.
• Expertise in techniques for design and code reviews of offshore technical proposals.
• Proven knowledge and experience in project planning and management tools to manage project progress, budget, and scope.
• Experience in code reviews and development approaches.
• Expertise in industry best practices in offshore partnership development.
• Proven ability to lead test-driven development and maintenance.
• Industrywide or broad companywide technical knowledge.
• Specialized coding skills.
• Knowledge of large complex systems.
• Proven ability to adapt to new roles and responsibilities.
• Software development process expert in applicable methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
• Expertise in data modeling, design and manipulation, optimization, best practices, tuning, and leading industry trend knowledge.
• Expertise in industry technology language development trends.
• Proven expertise and experience applying industry best practices in all aspects of development.
• Expert knowledge of multiple data storage subsystems.
• Strong budgeting and finance skills.
• Proven expertise in the use and development of applicable desktop tool sets.
• Proven expert in partnering and leading internal and external technology resources in solving complex business needs.
• Strong experience with various resource models such as Managed Services and/or Staff Augmentation.
• Strong proficiency with data manipulation language including optimization techniques.
• Ability to design and work with complex data models.
• Knowledge in using and developing applicable tool sets.
• Ability to write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of advanced complexity.
• Strong skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving business objectives and goals through the direct management of others.
• Strong organization/project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments, and strong delegation skills involving prioritizing and reprioritizing projects and managing projects of various size and complexity.
• Advanced problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues; prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions; and identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision-making.
• Advanced communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management, customers, etc., including diction/terminology and presenting information in a concise and effective manner to clients, management, and various departments using assorted communication mediums.
• Successfully partner and lead large offshore resources in solving complex business needs.
• Perform reviews to ensure enterprise and architectural standards and processes are followed.
• Complete management responsibilities to include performance management, hiring and coaching of staff, and resource planning.
• Write advanced complex code for computer systems and serve as a senior source of expertise.
• Manage system and user acceptance testing cycles to ensure accurate and quality business solutions.
• Lead the development of technical standards, and perform reviews to ensure enterprise and architectural standards and processes are followed.
• Serve as a primary technical point of contact for external technology resources.
• Recommend technical strategy and direction across functional area.
• Participate in development and evolution of architecture.
• Consult with stakeholders to find alternative work-arounds during system outages.
• Provide design input across a product.
• Work directly with customers and end users.
• Serve as acknowledged "go to" person on coding and technical issues.
• Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
• Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of moderate complexity.
• Complete complex bug fixes.
• Design and work with complex data models.
• Seek diverse ideas and perspectives from a variety of sources to create better solutions, products, and services.
• Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Ensure all staff is provided with training and resources needed to perform their jobs to the most outstanding degree possible. Ensure all staff is provided with frequent feedback and coaching in order to meet and exceed individual and team performance goals consistently.
• Manage and encourage new ideas from staff to foster improvements through innovations.
• Empower the staff to be accountable and responsible for their own actions and decisions.
• All other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.