The Manager of Strategic Commercial Communications reports to the Head of U.S. Commercial Communications, in the Corporate Affairs, Communications and Sustainability function. They will be a member of the Global Commercial Operations Communications Team.
The Manager, Strategic Commercial Communications will possess a combination of strategic thinking, project management, excellent written and verbal communications skills and have experience working in a Corporate Communications setting.
This role will manage commercial operations communications activities and play an important role in support of business and leadership communications with the agility to work across the organization and a flex and flow to address critical business priorities in support for the Head of U.S. Commercial Communications.
The following will lead to success in this role:
- Highly organized, innovative, and results-driven
- Collaborative work style
- Problem solver who anticipates the unexpected and adapts quickly
- Positive, can-do attitude and curiosity about business, communication and animal health
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Acts with integrity, candor and a sense of ownership for the business
Education & Experience:
- Help develop, execute and maintain communications plans for key products, business initiatives and commercial leaders
- Manage editorial calendar/planning for both U.S. business activities as well as executive leadership communications
- Support Senior Director, U.S. Commercial Communications with content development to support business initiatives, portfolio plays, colleague culture drivers and executive leadership communications including researching, drafting, proof-reading and organizing multi-media assets and overseeing distribution (including internal communication, external communication and social media
- Leads projects and updates/works cross-functionally with U.S. business as well as the Corporate Communications team
- Be a proactive voice for various internal and external stakeholder groups and bring pragmatic thinking to communications topics and issues
- Develop and enhance commercial colleague engagement and communication strategies, including Town Halls, Yammer communities, recognition programs, cause related programs, etc.
- Develop and maintain KPIs for U.S. Commercial Communications Team - with routine reporting
- Support U.S. Leadership Team with organizational announcements and talking points - as needed basis
- Assist Head of U.S. Commercial Communications with reactive communications an monitoring on as needed basis
- BA/BS in English, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, or similar field
- 6+ years of professional experience with 3+ years writing experience in corporate communications, media relations or social media
- Experience in Public Relations, including influencer campaigns, digital media campaigns, etc. with strong B2B2C experience
- Experience in the planning, development and execution of corporate communications, social media and media relations activities
- Proficient in measuring, analyzing and reporting media performance
- Skilled in reputation management and project management, driving initiatives from start to finish
- Strong communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Skilled at multi-tasking and managing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Understands and values benchmarking and staying abreast of the latest trends and best practices
- Proven vendor management, negotiation and relationship skills
- Ability and discretion to handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Animal health (petcare or animal agriculture) or pharmaceutical experience a plus
- Six years of professional experience and demonstrated skills in developing, managing and delivering internal and external brand communication strategies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively across functions and levels
- Ability to synthesize complex and technical information and convert it into clear and concise messages that customers can understand
- Experience with communication production including digital, presentations, events, video
- Able to work to tight deadlines, manage multiple projects at once, and maintain professionalism under pressure
- A drive for results and ability to achieve results through cross-functional teams, leveraging organization resources and exerting influence without direct authority
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Strong analytical, planning, attention to detail and prioritizing skills
- Excellent networking and relationship-building skills and the ability to interact with confidence with various levels and functions
- Partner and agency relationship management experience
- Role will be based in Headquarters in Parsippany, N.J., with potential for remote work and flexibility, as needed.
- Given the demands of role, hour may require some require flexibility to meet work demands
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
This job has expired.