Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for a Supply Chain Manager who will join our Scotts Miracle-Gro team in Marysville, OH.
This position will be based at The Scotts Miracle-Gro world headquarters in Marysville, a suburb of Columbus, OH. Not familiar with Columbus? Visit columbusregion.com/columbus-2020/
What you'll do in this role:
What you'll need to be successful:
- Work closely with the Growing Media Operational Leadership Team and support their strategy and tactical execution
- Work on standardization efforts to streamline administrative processes
- Develop and share training materials for administrative processes related to SAP process
- Assist organization with issues created by process failure and resolve issues found. Based on failure, develop additional training material and provide information to the network
- Develop training documents and perform training for Annual Physical Inventory as well as Cycle Count Process
- Help develop change management process and roll out to regions and plants as well as functional support groups including A/P, OTC, Finance, R and D, Technical Services, HR, EH & S, Tax Department, BDT's
- Work closely with IT department on network, software and hardware process as well as issues to keep the GM network operational
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Administration or related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience within Supply Chain Management
- Detail oriented mindset and critical thinking. Being able to understand the issue and find the best resolution
- Strong Leadership Skills as well as being able to communicate clearly and concise both up to management and down to the operators. Need to be able to adjust message and approach to the audience
- Ability to multi task and work with several department simultaneously
- Ability to hold the stakeholders accountable and not being afraid to share the good and the bad with the leadership team
- Needs to be able to develop reports supporting the network and teams
- Ability to some travel to support training
Here at ScottsMiracle-Gro, we believe providing an enriching and engaging employee experience is what sets us apart from other organizations. We recognize our employees are so much more than just their job title so we offer programs and benefits that support them in all aspects of their lives. Wondering how we do it? Below is a glimpse of our highlight reel...
- Our Live Total Health program provides you with options to align to your personal needs. Selections range from medical, dental and visioncoverage for you, your spouse/domestic partner and dependents to an outstanding wellness reimbursement program to an unbelievable 401K match (up to 7.5%)as well as a 15% discount on company stock and much more
- We know ourtalent is our most precious asset and your unique development contributes to our organization's success now and in the future. Career growth at our company is not always a ladder. It's much more like a rock climbing adventure. Grow through exploration and experiences rather than a predictable linear path.
- We value the importance of family. We provide access to Maven Family Planning and up to $30,000 to accommodate for adoption, fertility and surrogacy.
- Be part of something bigger by joining one of our Employee Resource Groups focusing on diversity and inclusion, family, education and sustainability: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employees' Network, Scotts Veterans' Network, Scotts Young Professionals, Scotts Pride Network (GroPride), Scotts Associates for a Greener Earth (SAGE), Scotts Family TREE and our Associate Boards.
- Join a company with a strong belief in giving back to the communities where we live and work. We have a shared passion for service and volunteerism and believe participating in community service benefits our communities and strengthens our team.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent communities.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
This job has expired.