We are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer with a background working with complex assemblies and/or machining to join a fast paced, high-energy operations team that supports product realization of high-precision parts within the Aerospace industry. Under the general direction of the Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor, the Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for conducting the research, design, and development of systems, processes, machines, tools, and equipment in order to ensure manufacturing processes are conducted in the most economic, efficient, and effective way possible.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Utilize cross-functional and highly collaborative leadership to drive continuous improvement within a 3-shift machining and assembly operation, utilizing expertise and industry best practices to guide troubleshooting and process enhancements.
* Utilize LEAN/Six Sigma methodologies to improve the quality output of processes by identifying and removing the causes of defects and minimizing variability in manufacturing and business processes.
* Systemically improve quality control processes by evaluating, researching, and implement quality control methods, manufacturing methods, process controls, and tooling improvements.
* Provide daily direct floor support to operations teams.
* Improve manufacturing efficiency by coordinating development of training and facilitating support on the manufacturing floor.
* Utilize industry expertise to optimize process/design of product during early stages of New Product Development that lead to optimized quality/cycle time of product throughout product life cycle.
* Calculate workspace requirements and develop strategies to maximize workspace utilization.
* Calculate manufacturing cost, time requirements, resource allocation, and develop recommendations for optimal manufacturing process control within the machining and assembly departments.
* Analyze manufacturing methods, manufacturing processes, and manufacturing scheduling in support of project timelines and planning.
* Oversee research, proposal generation, approval, and execution of capital expenditure projects.
* Review and approve new methods to continually improve direct labor efficiency, and productivity savings.
* Contributes to team effort in a collaborative and supportive manner.
* Adheres to all factory safety procedures and guidelines.
* Maintains clean, organized work environment and adheres to all safety standards, procedures and regulations.
*Other duties as required in support of the department and the company*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Requirements
Mfg. Engineer I
Entry Level. Possesses bachelor's degree (engineering) in a related field, Associates Degree w with two ( 2) years industry experience, or high school diploma with four (4) years industry experience may be substituted in lieu of bachelor's degree. Considered a developing professional within the field.
Mfg. Engineer II
Possesses bachelor's degree (engineering) in a related field w/2 years' experience, Associates Degree with six (6) years industry experience, or high school diploma with 6 years industry experience may be substituted in lieu of bachelor's degree. Considered a seasoned professional that needs little direction or guidance.
Mfg. Engineer III
Possesses bachelor's degree (engineering) in a related field with nine (9) years' experience. Master's degree in Engineering management, Systems Engineering or MBA desirable. Considered an industry expert within the field with little to no guidance needed.
* Self-starter that can support critical AOG/OTD customer requirements (Aircraft-On-Ground, On-Time-Delivery)
* Exposure to machining operations; including 5-AXIS milling, 3 AXIS CNC, swiss lathe, manual lathe/milling, etc.
* Exposure to tooling/programming enhancements in high-speed aluminum milling applications that reduces cycle time while avoiding defects.
* Experience working with complex aerospace assemblies, including electrical, and structural components.
* Versed in mechanical engineering and design of machined products, along with critical-to-quality attributes that uphold the design integrity of the product.
* Understanding of OEE and utilization for monitoring equipment.
* Experience with CAD software (AutoCAD, Creo, Solidworks).
* Proficient in GD&T and properly constraining dimensions on drawings.
* Proficient in measurement methodology for metal machining and fabrication (hard gauging and CMM).
* Experience in providing Design for Manufacturability feedback during NPI phases.
* Proficient in reviewing and interpreting drawings pertaining to machined components.
* Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, Outlook).
* Strong desire to work in cross-functional teams that work together to accomplish business objectives.
* Solid organizational skills and experience with managing multiple deadlines at once.
* A team player that can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
* Ability to be flexible and able to function comfortably in a fast paced, constantly changing and ambiguous environment.
* Understanding and experience in Lean manufacturing environment. Participate in continuous improvement projects and 5S related performance teams.
* Reliable and flexible to work additional hours on short notice to complete orders and/or special projects to meet customer demands.
* Experience with AS9100 regulated industries.
* Prior work experience in aerospace or medical industry.
* Knowledge of FAA regulations.
* High level experience utilizing Lean methodologies, eliminating waste within the manufacturing process (Single Piece Flow, SMED, 5S, JIT, CAPA/RCA/5WHY/A3/8D problem solving, MDI/SQDC metrics, etc.)
* Experience with ERP/MRP systems (SAP, Oracle)
* Experience with cobots and/or automation systems
* Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Articulate with use of good grammar skills.
* A team player that can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent communication skills with high ethical standards and a positive professional image.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Carlisle IT Franklin is a clean facility housing different kinds of machinery, equipment, processes, and chemicals which produce potential hazards in the work environment such as: ergonomic, chemical, machine point of operation, and powered industrial vehicle traffic. These hazards are controlled through means of engineering controls, such as machine guarding, and administrative controls, such as safety policies and programs. In certain areas of the facility, employees are required to wear Personal Protective equipment such as Hearing Protection, Safety Glasses, Safety Toe Shoes, and hand protection.
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all of our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
* ASTM F-2412-2005, ANSI Z41-1999, or ANSI Z41-1991 rated safety toed shoes
* Clear ANSI Z87.1 safety rated glasses
* Hearing protection in specific areas
* Ability to comply with JSA in specific areas
EXPORT COMPLIANCE DISCLAIMER
This position includes access or potential access to ITAR and/or EAR technical data. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, or a Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder).
Travel for this position is <% that would include customer visits, supplier visits, tooling/equipment acceptance visits, and off-site training
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
North Canton, Ohio
Posted 27 minutes ago
Posted 27 minutes ago
Posted 21 minutes ago