LB&B Associates Inc. is currently accepting applications for Part Time Master Mariner Instructor Level 2 to support operations in Mayport, FL. Secret Clearance is required, must currently have or be able to obtain.
Instructors teach U.S. Navy Surface Warfare Officers and Enlisted Watch Standers who are participating in Bridge Resource Management (BRM), Basic Ship Handling (BSH), and other courses as required in NSS subject areas. Training provided is a combination of classroom instruction and simulator instruction. Candidates must be very computer literate, competent in shiphandling of naval vessels, competent delivering instruction in a classroom setting, and able to learn quickly.
INSTRUCTOR QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
MASTER MARINER LEVEL 2 (MML-2):
a) Must be either:
b) Meet one of the following requirements:
- A former Senior Navy Surface Ship Commanding Officer (FFG or DDG) with at least 15 months in Command, at sea; OR
- A USCG licensed as a Master, Any Gross Tons, Oceans, with 15 months at sea experience, as a ships Master; AND
- Have received appropriate guidance in instructional techniques and competency assessment methods and practice involving the use of simulators AND possess at least 2 years' experience in conducting training and assessment using a full mission or part task bridge simulator; OR
- Completed a USCG accepted Train the Trainer program based upon IMO Model Course 6.09 Training Course for Instructors; AND
- Have completed A-061-0042 VMS Operator Course or A-061-0044 VMS 9 Operator or approved equivalent; AND
- Have knowledge and understanding of NSS subject areas; NSS Training Requirements Document (TRD), current version of the Surface Ship Navigation Department Organization and Regulations Manual (NAVDORM), standard Navy conning commands, maritime education and training best practices, U.S. Navy Surface Ship particulars and maneuvering characteristics for all ship classes
LB&B Associates Inc. performs Contractor Instructional Services for US Navy's Navigation Seamanship Shiphandling Training (NSST) to the US Navy at Naval Station Norfolk VA, Naval Station Mayport FL, Ingalls Shipyard, Pascagoula, MS, Naval Base Rota, Spain, Naval Support Activity Manama, Bahrain, Naval Station San Diego CA, Naval Station Everett WA, Naval Station Pearl Harbor HI, US Navy Base Sasebo Japan, and US Navy Base Yokosuka Japan.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employer is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected factor by country, regional or local law.
This job has expired.