Novelis - Guthrie, KY is seeking a Mechanical Engineer experienced for our green field startup in Guthrie, KY. The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for handling all aspects of the Mechanical Maintenance Engineering function, such as design, construction, and installation of equipment modifications. With the opportunity to work with every type of machinery that you can imagine, you will analyze and recommend preventive maintenance replacement programs and provide value analysis engineering.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Maintenance of equipment covering all phases of heavy industrial plant engineering, typical of the metals industry.
- Provide a strong mechanical understanding of process, civil, and electrical components involved in their equipment.
- Responsible for troubleshooting encounters that center around meeting production needs in the face of tight, frequently revised schedules and/or equipment failures, the start-up of new equipment, development of new products and processes.
- Optimize equipment utilization and efficiency by applying the latest development in machine procedures, diagnostic equipment, and more reliable electrical components.
- Develop practical solutions to repetitive equipment failure problems that contribute to the effectiveness of the maintenance effort.
- Contribute engineering expertise to project work and selection of replacement or new equipment to help ensure consistency and standardization of components and ease of maintenance.
- Ensure all equipment recommended, repaired, or modified meets all company and governmental safety and health rules and regulations to help ensure safety and wellbeing of employees.
- Assist in the development of engineering or maintenance procedures and repair work to ensure they are safe, effective, and efficient. Expand, continually, knowledge of engineering and maintenance principals and practice.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of a Quality System by serving as a resource to Operating Teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology from an accredited university or institution.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills; ability to communicate with all levels in the organization
- Desire to take initiative and develop a pro-active relationship with employees through follow-up, understanding their needs and fostering a collaborative relationship
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibility; must be able to manage multiple tasks at once without sacrificing attention to detail
- Must be flexible and able to operate in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Must also possess leadership skills to direct, lead and develop other personnel to accomplish personal, plant and corporate objectives
- Good computer skills and experience with AutoCAD, Inventor, or other 3D modelling software.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office software, including but not limited to, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Novelis' Guthrie facility is located in Guthrie Kentucky approximately 30 minutes from the Tennessee state line near Clarksville Tennessee and Hopkinsville Kentucky. As Novelis' newest facility Guthrie will house a heat treatment and pretreatment line that will serve the North American automotive market and employ 125 residents. In addition to hunting fishing and hiking residents enjoy the Guthrie Transportation Museum which is the hub of the city's renewal efforts. The Guthrie team enjoys partnerships with Hopkinsville Community College Todd County High School Guthrie Fire Department and several local Rotary Clubs. Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers leaves of absence compensation and training are without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal provincial or local laws.