Draw and process labs, urine specimens, perform EKG's, take vitals signs
The primary purpose of your job position is to be responsible for providing and assisting participants with activities of daily living, restorative, and supportive care. The Medical Assistant will assist in monitoring and reporting the health status and providing a safe environment for the participants.
Trinity Health LIFE West Philadelphia a member of Trinity Health PACE, is seeking a full-time Medical Assistant. Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) coordinate and provide all needed preventive, primary, acute and long-term care services so that older individuals can continue living in the community. PACE is an innovative model that enables individuals who are 55 years old or older and certified by their state to need nursing home care to live as independently as possible. Through PACE, today's fragmented health care financing and delivery system comes together to serve the unique needs of each individual in a way that makes sense to the frail elderly, their informal caregivers, health care providers and policy makers.
Many PACE participants get most of their care from staff employed by the PACE organization in the PACE center. PACE centers meet State and Federal safety requirements and include adult day programs, medical clinics, activities, and occupational and physical therapy facilities.
Trinity Health LIFE West Philadelphia provides a competitive compensation and benefit package that complements this opportunity for personal growth and professional advancement. This position reports to the Director of In-Home Services or designee/Registered Nurse.
Benefits of joining a winning team!
- Warm and supportive environment
- Enjoy a truly patient-centered focus
- Excel with supportive, motivated colleagues in an inspiring environment
- Competitive salary
- Career paths and professional development
- Learn the industry's best, easy-to-use, advanced technology
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Generous paid time off
- Mileage reimbursement
- Comprehensive orientation
- Must possess a comprehensive knowledge as normally obtained through a high school diploma or equivalent and successful completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program. Medical Assistant certification is required. Minimum of one (1) year of documented experience working with a frail or elderly population or if less than one (1) year of experience, must receive appropriate training from the PACE organization on working with a frail or elderly population upon hiring.
- Experience in a long-term care facility or with a community-based geriatric program preferred.
- Must be action-oriented, have business acumen, manage conflict well, be customer focused, have high decision quality, flexibility to adapt to ongoing change and have organizational agility. Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment
We have an energizing new vision and strategy. Join us and shape the future of healthcare!
Apply now!Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.