This job has expired.
Performs routine clinical and administrative duties in support of assigned area or office.
• Under the supervision of physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner or nurse, assists with performing patient assessments and treatments. Obtains and accurately documents patient vital signs, height and weight, takes brief history on current illness or injury, current medications, allergies, required screenings, and other pertinent information as appropriate.
• Reviews/Documents Social Determinants. Provides education/resources as needed.
• Maintains equipment and medical supplies, including reordering, stocking, cleaning/disinfection per protocol, and troubleshooting. Maintains examination areas.
• Performs basic diagnostic procedures and specimen collection, including phlebotomy, splint application and procedural tray/room set-up.
• Monitors and communicates changes in patient condition. Documents patient care provided. Provides discharge instructions and follows-up with patient as needed. Recognizes and seeks help in emergent situations.
• Manages and facilitates all in-basket messages and patient phone calls.
• Activates of My Chart Accounts where appropriate. Ensures Telehealth connectivity for scheduled appointments and trouble shoots as needed.
• Reviews patient charts to ensure imaging is available and all pertinent information to maximize appointment.
• Round with patients in practice to ensure Excellent Patient Experience is met.
• Performs administrative or clerical duties as assigned, including scanning, reception, scheduling, data entry, and patient registration.
• Follow-up on reported issues and assists with service recovery.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• DEVELOPS RELATIONSHIPS: Builds positive and productive business relationships with individuals and groups.
• PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
• KNOWLEDGE OF DISEASE PROCESS: Applies knowledge of practices and interventions for specific populations with specific conditions.
• Accredited Program
• Medical Assistant
• BLS Certification
• BLS American Heart E-Card
Education equivalent experience:
• Six (6) months of patient care experience in lieu of graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or EMT program.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: No prior work experience required.
Can be graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or EMT program or have six (6) months of patient care experience.
• Bending and Stooping 60.00%
• Keyboard Entry 60.00%
• Kneeling 40.00%
• Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 20.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Reaching 40.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 40.00%
• Sitting 40.00%
• Standing 60.00%
• Walking 60.00%
• Audible Speech 40.00%
• Hearing Acuity 40.00%
• Depth Perception 40.00%
• Distinguish Color 40.00%
• Bio hazardous Waste 60.00%
• Biological Hazards - Respiratory 60.00%
• Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 60.00%
• Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 60.00%
• Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 60.00%
• Computer Monitor 60.00%
Memorial Primary Care (formerly known as South Broward Community Health Services) centers are an integral part of Memorial Healthcare System, dedicated to providing high-quality, cost-effective, patient-centered primary care. We have multiplw locations throughout south Broward County, and our highly skilled team of healthcare professionals works to meet each patient's healthcare needs in a friendly and culturally sensitive environment.
Located in Hollywood, West Hollywood and Dania Beach, the centers offer a variety of vital programs which include disease management and pediatric services, as well as Mobile Health Centers for both children and adults.
In addition, we have Memorial Outpatient Center in Hallandale offering high-quality medical and health-related services such as mammography, bone density testing, EKGs, CT scans, Ultrasound, nuclear medicine, an adult day care center and a senior resource center.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago