The University of Iowa Community Clinics is seeking a patient centered 50% (20 hours a week) Medical Assistant II to work at our UICC Cedar Rapids Pediatric Clinic.
Located in the heart of Cedar Rapid's downtown medical district, our medical assistants develop relationships and get to know our patients. Pediatricians specialize in the care of infants, children, and adolescents. Pediatricians provide a range of services from well-child care, to basic childhood immunizations and illnesses, to managing complex medical conditions and chronic disorders.
Our pediatricians are members of the University of Iowa Stead Family Children's Hospital team which means they work hand-in-hand with all pediatric specialists at UI Stead Family Children's Hospital. The use of one electronic medical record for each patient ensures constant and timely communication between your child's entire medical team.
Our Medical Assistants develop relationships and get to know our patients and monitor patient care history and deliver personalized, compassionate care every time to each patient.
This position comes with the University of Iowa's generous, full benefit package including double-match retirement, paid vacation, and sick leave, and much more! This position also includes FREE on-site parking as well!
Under direct supervision of LIP (licensed independent practitioner), RN (registered nurse), NM/ANM (nurse manager/assistant nurse manager) or other licensed designee, functions as a member of the patient care team. Performs technical, patient care and related clerical functions in the urgent care setting by coordinating all elements of the patient visit.
Duties to include:
- Staff will support our lab our Pediatric Clinic patients.
- Under direct supervision of physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner or registered nurse.
- Performs technical, patient care and related clerical functions in an ambulatory setting.
- Duties may involve the use of electronic word/data processing equipment and/or conventional office equipment.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.® WE CARE Core Values:
Welcoming - We strive for an environment where everyone has a voice that is heard, that promotes the dignity of our patients, trainees, and employees, and allows all to thrive in their health, work, research, and education.
Excellence - We aim to achieve and deliver our personal and collective best in the pursuit of quality and accessible healthcare, education, and research.
Collaboration - We encourage collaboration with healthcare systems, providers, and communities across Iowa and the region, as well as within our UI community. We believe teamwork - guided by compassion - is the best way to work.
Accountability - We behave ethically, act with fairness and integrity, take responsibility for our own actions, and respond when errors in behavior or judgment occur.
Respect - We are committed to ensuring that UI Health Care is an inclusive environment where individuals from the full spectrum of diversity - which includes identity, backgrounds, cultures, ability and perspective -feel safe, seen, and valued.
Equity - We dedicate ourselves to equity and fairness in research, health care, education and health.
• Regular salaried position located in Iowa City area
• Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans.
The University of Iowa offers a generous benefits package, including paid vacation as well as paid sick leave. Complete information regarding the full benefits package may be viewed at: https://hr.uiowa.edu/benefits Percent of Time: 50% (20 hours per week) Schedule:
Variable work hours Monday's - Fridays from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM; Occasional Saturday coverage 8:30 Am - 12:00 PM, No on-call time, No Holidays. Location:
Cedar Rapids, IA (this position will support our Park Place and Downtown locations) Pay Grade: 8
$35,984.00-$53,539.20 / Hourly: $17.30 - $25.74 (based on years of experience)Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Certification OR registration as a Medical Assistant OR completion of a recognized one-year Medical Assistant Program, OR Completion of a health care profession program with a curriculum incorporating elements of a Medical Assistant program including but not limited to: pathophysiology, medical terminology, basic pharmacology and medication administration including dose calculation and psychology.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program accredited by ABHES or CAAHEP, graduation from a college with institutional accreditation by regional or national accrediting agency approved by the U.S. Department of Education, or LPN licensure is required.
- Medical Terminology
- Public Contact/Customer Service
- Previous pediatric experience
- Previous phlebotomy experience
- Previous EPIC experience
- Previous experience working autonomously
Staff may be required to receive a passing score on work samples to be considered for this position.
In order to be considered, applicants must upload resume
(under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions or additional information, please contact Jennifer-L-Allen@uiowa.edu.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
- Classification Title: Medical Assistant II
- Appointment Type: Merit
- Schedule: Part-time
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Jennifer Allen
- Contact Email: Jennifer-L-Allen@uiowa.edu