8 Hr Evening - Morning
Northeast Georgia Health System is rooted in a foundation of improving the health of our communities.
About the Role:
Performs duties that include reception, maintaining clinical and financial records, front office inventory requirements, and medical records.
Minimum Job Qualifications
Preferred Job Qualifications
Licensure or other certifications: Current BLS certification required or must be obtained within 30 days of hire.
Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or GED
Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Preferred Licensure or other certifications:
Preferred Educational Requirements:
Preferred Experience: Customer Service or Physician's Office experience preferred.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of and proficient use of EMR (Electronic Medical Record) system
- Screens and refers all incoming calls and visitors to ensure that accurate and timely communication is facilitated.
- Procures patient referrals in accordance with Physician requests and processes mail in a timely and efficient manner.
- Schedules appointments for patient referrals as requested by Physicians.
- Logs all referrals according to established guidelines and posts referral numbers to patient's account when received from other Physician practices.
- Advises patients when referral numbers are needed and how patients can obtain a referral. Provides patients with needed information regarding their referral.
- Opens and distributes mail to appropriate personnel daily.
- Ensures accurate patient information is entered into the EPIC system (maintains acceptable registration error rate parameters).
- Ensures daily audit journals are balanced. Enters charges accurately.
- Forward all monthly reports to the Central Business Office in a timely manner.
- Prepares daily deposits per center procedure.
- Updates patient information with pertinent information as needed, Arranges payment agreements as indicated.
- Maintains inventory of front office supplies as required.
Working at NGHS means being part of something special: a team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you reach your goals. NGHS: Opportunities start here.
Weight Lifted: Up to 20 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
Weight Carried: Up to 20 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
Vision: Moderate, Occasionally 0-30% of time
Kneeling/Stooping/Bending: Occasionally 0-30%
Standing/Walking: Occasionally 0-30%
Pushing/Pulling: Occasionally 0-30%
Intensity of Work: Occasionally 0-30%
Job Requires: Reading, Writing, Reasoning, Talking, Keyboarding
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.