Job Title: Member Service Representative
Department: Member Relations
Reports to: Market Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Tropical FCU (TFCU) is a Sun-Sentinel Top Workplace four years in a row. Being part of the Member Relations Team and TFCU overall will provide you with opportunities to engage by learning, growing, contributing, collaborating, and developing professionally. Join us for a great employee experience focused on engaging employees and members alike.
Summary: Individuals in the job are responsible for assisting Tropical Financial Credit Union in achieving its purpose of guiding members successfully through the financial marketplace. This position is accountable for building and maintaining successful member relationships by funding and servicing loans to the member's complete satisfaction while simultaneously ensuring that supporting documentation and records are accurately prepared according to TFCU policies and procedures. Meets or exceeds all funding goals with minimum errors and processes pending loans in a timely, consistent manner. The position requires the incumbent to demonstrate an unsurpassed commitment to exceptional world-class member service and teamwork.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: This is a high visibility/high member contact position, thus providing world-class service is essential. This position is responsible for assisting members and potential members with their financial needs, opening new accounts, processing account transactions, resolving problems, and providing account information and cross-selling services and products to meet the member's needs. Positively and professionally represent the organization in Seg and/or PC events. Perform clerical and/or administrative duties and provide backup support to other staff within the branch as needed.
- Greet and welcome members and visitors to the credit union in a courteous, professional, and timely manner.
- Assists members with opening and closing accounts, answer questions about products and services, and resolves problems that are within their authority to resolve. Refers problems that are beyond their authority to their supervisor, along with their recommendations.
- Open all accounts, certificates, loans, and other credit union products or services accurately, ensuring all related forms and documents are completed and filed/scanned in a timely manner.
- Promote, describe, and actively cross-sell credit union products and services based on member needs that are obtained from member interviews and/or review of members' accounts.
- Achieve personal referral goals by developing relationships with current and prospective members utilizing the fundamentals of sales and profiling skills. Actively participate in Sales Promotions and campaigns including telemarketing/outbound calls for sales and services to members and non-members as per their financial needs.
- Serve as a liaison and contact for the credit unions existing SEGs and/or Partner Companies and maintain all facets of the relationship. Assist branches with formal presentations at SEGs and/or Partner Companies to introduce the credit union to employees; answer questions and provide a resource that encourages participation.
- Be a visible presence in the local community and sponsor community. Promote the credit union through participation in events and activities within the business, community, and charitable organizations.
- May perform as a teller as needed, filling for peak schedules or for an absence or shortage on the teller line. May process member transactions, including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, payments, transfers, check cashing, bonds, etc. ensuring compliance with Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Balance cash drawers daily and periodically. Research and resolve discrepancies and report discrepancies to the supervisor. Assist in balancing the ATM and other cash dispensers.
- Provide in-person, video, and by-telephone general and specific service-related information concerning the credit union products or services. May respond to emails or other electronic requests submitted by members providing an excellent member experience.
- Maintain up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services, State and Federal regulations that are applicable to the transactions and member interactions.
- Alerts branch management or Security of any suspicious activity regarding transactions including forgery, theft, fraud, kiting, etc.
- Complete CTR's and SARS and other regulatory compliance documentation as required.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous tasks that support the team, the branch, and the organization including typing, filing, computer input, and answering the telephone.
- Ensures that work area and equipment are clean, secure, and well maintained in accordance with Credit Union policies and procedures.
BSA Compliance: every employee is required to uphold the credit union's compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions within TFCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
We offer Excellent Benefits such as:
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Departments.
- Ensure ongoing individual compliance with all regulatory requirements established in the SAFE Act, if required.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending, and Credit Card Act.
- Comply with all TFCU policies and procedures to ensure compliance with such regulations.
- Performs related duties as required with or without accommodation.
- Medical, Rx, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Profit Sharing 401K Plan
- Accident, Cancer and Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Prepaid Legal
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Pet Discount Program
- Paid Time Off/ 11 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement/Student Loan Paydown Program
- And so much more!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- An individual in this position is required to interact regularly with all credit union members, shared services members, employees, and external insurance vendors; therefore outstanding interpersonal skills are a must.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively with members or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple, and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply good business sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to meet deadlines in an organized and timely fashion.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision at times.
- Ability to display initiative and flexibility
- a willingness to adhere to organizational policies and objectives;
- Participate in teamwork, as well as, the willingness and ability to learn new tasks and duties within a changing and work in a high volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to ensure minimal to no errors are made while handling their job functions.
- Ability to mitigate fraud and adhere closely to security standards of operation.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills
- High School Diploma or general education equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant member sales and service experience is required and 3 years of customer service experience preferred
- Strong Knowledge of Credit Union product offerings as well as all services provided.
- Basic working knowledge of computers (MS Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Proficient with written and oral communication skills.
- Written skills to include email etiquette.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to handle or touch. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities require by the job include close vision, and ability to focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Full-Time/Part-TimeFull-Time Exempt/Non-ExemptNon-Exempt LocationWest Palm Beach, FL About the OrganizationTropical is a not-for-profit, member-owned and member operated financial cooperative, serving South Florida since 1935. We operate a fun, and family-oriented work environment where every employee has the opportunity to learn and grow in their career and move up within the organization. It's an organization that values your contributions and rewards you for your performance. TFCU has proven to be an organization that is dedicated not only to TFCU's success, but the success of its employees and the financial success of our members. EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
This job has expired.