Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking forSeasonal Merchandiserswho will be a key part of our success in our peak Spring season.
TheMerchandiserwill report directly to the Sales Manager and work within our big box retailers, such as Home Depot and Lowe's. As part of the day-to-day responsibilities theMerchandiserwill execute merchandising directives and re-sets, establish a positive rapport with store personnel and customers, and relay information to Scotts Sales team regarding inventory opportunities.
In this role you will:
What we do for our associates:
- Merchandise products inside and outside stores
- Provide customers and store associates with product knowledge on Scotts brands
- Ensure product is stocked and presentable at all times
- Assist in identifying opportunities for solution selling and incremental space
- Provide support to Sales Manager and store employees as needed
- Work effectively independently and as a team to perform all tasks assigned
The ideal person will have:
- Competitive retirement program with up to 7.5% 401K match
- Provide valuable, hands-on experience within merchandising, retail and customer service
- Provide a competitive hourly wage
- Paid on-the-job training including in-depth product knowledge on the Scotts products
- Fast tracked career advancement opportunities for high performing associates
- Compensation for commuting expenses
- Provide flexible working hours
- Provide necessary safety gear
- High school diploma or equivalent years of experience
- Experience in retail, merchandising and/or stocking
- Problem solving and service oriented attitude
- Ability to lift, push and pull 45 pounds
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends
- Ability to operate company provided technology
- Current, valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Ability to tolerate work in an outdoor environment (heat, cold, rain, etc.)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to climb ladders physically and metaphorically
- Ability to move pallets of product
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent networks.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.