At Materion, everyone is included, respected and offered opportunity to grow. Join us!
Metallurgical Technician B
Prepares test samples, performs metallurgical testing, completes analysis and reports results on a variety of materials using defined processes and techniques. Depending on the area assigned, the position may include use of Optical Microscopy, Tensile Testers, Hardness Testers, and CTE equipment.
You Will Have the Opportunity to:
- Performs basic Metallurgical Laboratory tasks independently using prepared, modified, or new analytical procedures.
- Performs sample preparation including machining /operation of CNC lathes. Prepares tensile bars and performs tensile testing at elevated and room temperature under supervision until formally qualified.
- Learns more advanced Metallurgical Laboratory tasks under supervision until formally qualified.
- Maintains cleanliness and stocks of the work area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Requires a minimum of 1 year of relevant laboratory experience or in lieu of this experience, a 2 year degree with a science major or a 4 year degree with science and math courses. Must be able to perform basic laboratory techniques. Employment experience in manufacturing is preferred.
The selection of the person to be hired for this position is contingent on the candidate having export compliance eligibility for access to U.S. controlled technology which comes under the licensing jurisdiction of the U.S. Department of State, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the U.S. Department of Commerce, Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
The candidate selected will have to qualify as either a U.S. citizen, a U.S. National, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., a Person Admitted into the U.S. as an Asylee or Refugee., a National of a country that is not prohibited from having access to U.S. controlled technology (via a letter of assurance), or a Person to be approved for an export license by the governing agency whose technology comes under its jurisdiction.