Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
The Metrology Department provides:
• Preventative maintenance, calibration and qualification services for a variety of instrumentation in support of laboratory personnel.
• First response to customer requests for repair and maintenance of general laboratory equipment.
• Provide general direction and work prioritization for vendor contracted maintenance support.
- Communicate clearly, understand and acknowledge verbal instructions, and be able to read and interpret work from work orders and task instructions.
- Perform assigned preventive maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment, and report changes or repairs needed. Instrument types include but are not limited to:
- Calibration: Lab timers, thermometers / data loggers, water baths, pressure / vacuum gauges, syringe pumps, balances, viscometers, centrifuges etc.
- Analytical Laboratory Systems: HPLC/UHPLC, GC, UV/Vis spectrophotometers, plate readers, HiAC, dissolution systems,
- Update equipment history, process, document, and report results of all work performed
- Provide support to contractors, vendors, and scientists in a manner consistent with established work practices and quality standards. May be called upon to provide Vendor/OEM escorts for specialty repairs.
- Perform required administrative duties. For example: preparation of parts and assets for shipping, management of spare parts (replenish stock, organize, create inventory, etc.), asset inventory, maintenance of service records, equipment manuals specifications and technical reference materials.
- Work safely and report all potentially unsafe conditions. Participate and complete all required EHS, technical and professional training assigned.
- In addition to the above-described duties, the incumbent may be required to perform related duties as necessary to meet current contingency and/or mission requirements.
• Create, write and revise procedures and document templates as necessary to aid in GMP documentation of maintenance, calibration and qualification activities.QualificationsQualifications
- Candidates may have any combination of the following:
- AA/AS degree in a laboratory science or better
- 2-3 years working with analytical instrumentation in a regulated laboratory
- U.S. Marine Corps TMDE or Air Force PMEL training or equivalent
- Experience operating/maintaining the following equipment is strongly desired
- Agilent 1100 / 1200 / 1290 HPLC / UHPLC Systems
- Agilent 7890 / 6890 GC Systems
- Waters Acquity UPLC Systems
- Use of Empower3 Chromatography Software
- Advanced candidates will have:
- Experience configuring systems
- Be able to write instrument, processing and report methods
Position is full-time, M-F 8:30am-5pm . Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of San Diego, CA are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays