Junior Software Engineer - REMOTE
Why you want to work at Flexion:
We're looking for Junior Software Engineers with an unwavering passion for developing meaningful, easy-to-use applications. Most of the work we do is on large-scale, enterprise-wide systems (both commercial and government)-this project in particular will help with product development for the Beneficiary Claims Data API (BCDA) for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The BCDA is a system that enables Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) to retrieve Medicare Part A, Part B, Part C and Part D claims data for their assigned beneficiaries.
At Flexion (an agile software company that's been delivering excellence for over 24 years), our company culture is built on autonomy, trust, and transparency. We empower teams to remain self-sufficient and self-directed by hiring people who can solve complex problems through collaboration-this means lending a hand and flexing your multi-skilled muscles (research, content, business analysis, information architecture, etc.) as needed. Every member within a cross-functional team is a leader who takes responsibility for the entire team's success, which mirrors the company's overall flat structure.
What the job looks like:
Why we want to hire you:
- Collaborate with teammates to architect, design, and implement software solutions to satisfy business requirements.
- Coordinate with teammates on interdependent work streams.
- Comfortable working with all aspects of software development; including devops, quality assurance, research, and design.
- Ability to shift gears and jump on a critical issue along with other teams and resolve quickly.
You are passionate about software development and you can develop small pieces as you go, while still thinking about how they fit into the whole. You welcome change as a positive thing (instead of viewing it as "rework") and never look at anything you deliver as "final." You understand when "good enough" really IS good enough, without ever compromising on the overall product quality. You have:
At Flexion, we live by these principles:
- 1-3 years of software engineering work experience
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills
- Passion for learning new technologies and the ability to do so quickly
- Ability to write high-quality code efficiently
- Experience with agile application development
- AWS Cloud experience
- Knowledge and experience with Python, Java or Go
- Experience solving complex problems and implementing solutions for performance and scalability.
- Agile development
- Test driven development
- Continuous integration/deployment
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- Speak openly and honestly with your colleagues and clients about problems and proposed solutions
- Welcome and handle changing requirements and priorities with little or no warning
- Collaborate online in small groups about 50% of the time
- Encourage simple and minimal solutions that keep options open
- Expect and vocally advocate for quality first
- Learn new practices and techniques as the situation demands
- Ensure the teams develop demonstrable software every week or two
- Do what needs to be done to deliver the product or project without ego or attitude
- Dig deep to find the root causes of problems so we can create the right solutions
- Relentlessly improve yourself, your team, and your processes
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 608-205-8868 for assistance. Job Location
811 E. Washington Ave., Suite 400, Madison, WIPosition Type
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 608-205-8868 for assistance.