The Mosaic Company (NYSE: MOS) is the world's leading integrated producer of concentrated phosphate and potash-two of the three most important nutrients in agriculture. We employ more than 13,000 people in six countries to serve farmers all over the world. Our Headquarters is in Lithia, Florida with operations throughout North America (U.S./Canada) and South America.
At Mosaic We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!
Where will you work: Onsite 1361 POTASH MINES RD CARLSBAD, NM 88220
Mine/Surface Operator B (8)
Continuous miner, continuous haulage, ram-car, scoop, and roof bolter operation; conveyor belt work; assist maintenance and support crews; communicate and coordinate activities with co-workers and supervisors. The ideal candidate must be able to use the necessary equipment and tools to perform the job duties.
What you'll do:
What you'll need:
- The candidate must be able to perform a variety of tasks, follow instructions, analyze, monitor, and learn new processes and procedures.
- Must be able to read and write.
- Candidate must be team oriented and willing to participate with regard to involvement in plant safety, environmental policies and procedures, production results, product quality and cost performance. The candidate must possess the ability to learn safe, efficient operation of underground mining equipment.
- Must be a self-starter and work with minimum supervision, and demonstrate a willingness to accept responsibility through initiative, leadership and team skills.
- Underground mining experience is preferred but not required. T
- The Ideal candidate must be capable of identifying and correcting problems.
- Certified or able to be certified to operate continuous miner, continuous haulage, ramcar, scoop, roof bolter.
- The ideal candidate must be able to perform physical tasks involving lifting up to 50 lbs., frequent stooping, bending, walking, kneeling, etc. may work in low height (48") mining environment.
- Must wear all personal protective equipment and follow all safety rules and regulations in accomplishing the job functions.
- The ideal candidate is also responsible for encouraging crew members' compliance with all safety rules and regulations.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job has expired.
- Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Able to lift approximately 0-25 lbs. occasionally.
- Able to climb stairs and work at various heights.
- Able to distinguish varying or specific colors, patterns or materials.
- Able to hear, with or without correction.
- Able to read, write and understand basic English.
- Able to see, with or without correction.
- Able to use fine hand motor skills.
- Able to wear a respirator.
- Able to work rotating shifts and overtime as required.
- Must be able to work a 12-hour shift.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States