Drive sales through our wholesale partners and ancillary NatGen product channels. Work with agencies to sell NatGen and partner products to maximize product penetration and wholesale revenue. Increase awareness and reach of our core product lines by delivering product package options previously unavailable. Due to the interaction with many NGIC partners and initiatives, occasional off-hour support is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Support, develop and manage agents with program permissions
- Grow agency awareness through education, partnering with marketing to maximize the business opportunities with every insured
- Work with carriers and agents on the transfer of information to process policies
- Maintain underwriting relationships to ensure compliance with insurer policies, processes and risk appetite
- Perform front line underwriting, making entries as required, properly and promptly in underwriting systems to ensure accuracy of data, in relation to underwriting and aggregate exposures
- Answer incoming questions from NatGen team members and agents with program permissions
- Learn the products offered and be able to communicate with agencies the details of what the program offers while understanding the program's goals and objectives
- Learn each product lines and characteristics to maintain a working knowledge of requirements to contribute to process and IT development and correction
- Understand ANA and NPS, provide assistance to agents regarding data entry and underwriting, and learn the requisite business units that are integral to the brokerage process
- Maintain data entry and procedure standards to contribute to accurate reporting while understanding variables that contribute to reporting for the program
- Willing to pursue appropriate licensing for products
- Understand educational, marketing and sales messages for internal and external partner groups and are able to relay verbally and distribute the message in a manner that drives sales and adheres to the goals of the program
- Work collaboratively with team members to continually improve sales, development and processing efforts with regards to required initiatives
- Learn critical areas, such as loss ratio, costs, retention ratio and new business hit ratio
- Contribute to a positive work environment by demonstrating cultural expectations and influencing others to reward performance and value "can do" people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
- Support National General values in personal work behaviors, decision-making, contributions and interpersonal interactions; manage own career development by soliciting feedback and valuing other perspectives
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 3+ years of insurance related experience
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Must possess strong analytical skills
- Possess sound, balanced and timely decision making skills
- Ability to adjust work schedule to fit the need of the program
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- 5+ years of insurance related experience
- Awareness and ability to learn in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and other necessary digital programs, applications and platforms
- Awareness and experience marketing multi-line insurance packages
- Ability to review quotes to determine eligibility and sales opportunity stemming from NGIC products
- Ability to qualify for agent's license
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.