Job ID: 2110849
Location: SAN DIEGO , CA , US
Date Posted: 2021-07-26
Subcategory: Technical Training
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC has contingent job opportunities for a Tier III Instructor to support the Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) program under the US Navy. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
This position is contingent upon contract award, expected in 2022.
The Tier III Instructor provides senior level instruction for Center for Surface Combat Systems (CSCS) training programs.
- Instruction and technical training for operations and / or maintenance of Aegis Combat system, Ship Self Defense System (SSDS), SQQ-89, Tactical Data Links, and other systems that can be used in the ships Combat Information Center (CIC).
- Developing, directing, planning and evaluating training programs or activities to meet external customer or internal employee learning objectives.
- Needs analysis, development of criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of course objectives, evaluation and learning assessments of instruction and curriculum, supporting development and evaluation of technical docs and pubs. Where instructing within a certified educational institution, responsible for determining the organization, communication and delivery of the course content and materials, and for developing learning activities and demonstrations.
- Collaborating with customer or internal functional organization to develop, enhance, and/or evaluate new or existing learning objectives and course content.
- Assisting and supporting creation of course content, training materials, visual aids and documentation to support a variety of instructional formats such as lecture, lab exercises, field training, computer-based training (CBT), and/or web-based training (WBT).
- Supporting the development of exam materials and may be responsible for testing and qualitative evaluation of participant's attainment of learning objectives.
- Monitoring and evaluating training programs, assessing results, and implementing enhancements as needed.
May require support to administer training programs to meet student needs, which may require post-training follow up to determine applicability of course material or training approaches. May support the evaluation and/or oversight of contractors or vendors to develop and/or administer instructor-led training teams and programs.
BASIC EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's Degree from accredited institution plus eight (8) or more years related experience to include:
Eight (8) years’ Experience with the applicable system or process as either a maintenance technician manager or operator manager with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a master level training environment. Relevant experience in the fields of surface, subsurface, integrated air and missile defense, Strike, or C4I is required.
- Of the eight (8), years, two (2) years’ experience as an Instructor in a formal Navy individual training environment, to include; presentation skills, public speaking skills, curriculum maintenance, writing learning objectives, preparing test items, evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems.
- Including (1) year relevant experience interfacing with training systems/simulations for effective and correct presentation of learning objectives.
- Secret Level Clearance or Higher
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
This job has expired.