This position is responsible for the indexing of all incoming documents to core business units of the company. Documents are received via paper, fax, and email. The incumbent must distinguish what department a document belongs to, apply proper criteria to electronically route the document into an electronic database, and initiate workflow of these documents to appropriate core business units in an accurate and timely manner. Primary contacts include other departmental personnel.
- Opens, sorts, prepares, bundles, scans, and validates/verifies physical and electronic mail for all departments daily.
- Determine appropriate criteria to accurately index an electronic image to initiate workflow to the proper department.
- Performs data entry updates to tracking logs for all returned Claims issued checks.
- Performs computer inquires through multiple systems for other departments and verifies member coverage.
- Processes incoming faxes and identifies, sorts, bundles, scans, and validates/verifies fax messages whether physical or electronic.
- Works on special projects as assigned by leadership.
- Maintains scanning equipment in appropriate working order according to documented guidelines.
- Maintains records according to the corporate retention guidelines.
- Maintains a basic understanding of other department processes and systems to enable accurate interpretation of documents.
This description identifies the responsibilities typically associated with the performance of the job. The percentage of time in any responsibility may vary between positions. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High school diploma, G. E. D. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum six months general office experience required. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Ability to file alphabetically and numerically and organize by document type.
- Ability to be well organized and maintain an organized work environment.
- Ability to identify documents.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Ability to enter alpha/numeric data accurately & timely.
- Ability to verify numbers accurately.
- Ability to lift or move objects weighing up to 35 lbs. repeatedly.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and document security.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
ADDITIONAL EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND/OR ABILITIES PREFERRED:
- Ability to manage time.
- Ability to use a ten-key pad.
- Ability to work with others.
- Minimum six months general office experience in an insurance environment
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards. Work typically involves sitting at a desk for extended periods of time with extensive document handling, both physical and electronically. May be required to move or lift objects weighing up to 35 lbs.
Alpha numeric data entry, reading comprehension, 10-key, basic windows
This job has expired.