As a principal member of our Network Infrastructure Engineering team, your expertise will be vital in developing our PON network, which will form the access layer of our disaster recovery, provisioning, and out-of-band (OOB) network. This network exists in all Meta network locations, connecting our backbone, data centers, and Points of Presence (POPs).Your role is crucial in the design and advancement of IP connectivity solutions, specifically focusing on XGS-PON technologies. This entails the design of the network topology, understanding, and selection of appropriate protocols and technologies, and liaising with vendors for feature or product development that align with our PON strategy. With innovation at our core, you'll be directly involved in transforming new network solutions from initial concept to a functional PON network. Though design and documentation form essential aspects of your role, we also strongly value hands-on experience to materialize your innovative ideas into tangible results.As a Network Production Engineer at Meta, you will employ both software engineering and advanced XGS-PON & IP network skills to ensure the seamless operation of our network and associated services while paving the way for future expansion. You will play a key role in analyzing network data and trends, steering network redesigns, and promoting automation - all essential to meet our growing demands in the context of PON networks. You will lead the way in conceiving, developing, and deploying PON network products, as well as tools that boost reliability and efficiency across our global network.We invite those with a passion for innovation, a knack for problem-solving, and a commitment to excellence, to join us as we continue to shape the future of connectivity.Do you want to work on one of the most dynamic, fast-paced networks in the world? Do you want to develop innovative solutions to our challenges and ship them into production? Then a role on one of our network engineering teams is for you!
Network Engineer, Infrastructure Networks Responsibilities:
- Oversee the design, deployment, management, and maintenance of critical, multi-vendor, multi-protocol networks across all locations, ensuring high availability, security, and performance. Continuously evolve networks to meet the needs of a growing user base.
- Spearhead the design and deployment of new network and tooling architectures, setting the direction for future network infrastructure. Evaluate emerging technologies and architectures for integration into existing networks.
- Use data analysis techniques to diagnose and resolve network issues, drive continuous improvement of networks, and develop proactive fault detection methodologies.
- Serve as a thought leader in the field of network engineering, representing the company at industry events and contributing to industry standards and best practices. Maintain an active awareness of trends and developments in the field, and ensure that our networks remain at the forefront of technology.
- Act as a primary contributor and reviewer of code, leading the development of highly complex software tools. Debug and resolve the most challenging problems in live environments and act as the primary point of escalation for service incidents.
- Over 8+ years of relevant work experience in Network Engineering, with recent PON network experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management experience, with the experience to lead a team, mentor engineers, and interface effectively with other departments.
- Expertise in mitigating IP network hardware and topology failures, with experience designing, deploying and troubleshooting a large scale network infrastructure.
- In-depth protocol experience with multiple of the following: BGP, OSPF, ISIS, with understanding of typical configurations, advanced routing policies and performance optimizations. Proficiency in network device configuration across multiple vendors such as Juniper, Cisco, Arista, Brocade, Nokia, Linux, with experience in hardware evaluation and vendor selection.
- More than 2 years of development experience in higher-level languages such as Python, C++, Go, etc., with an emphasis on network automation and tool development.
- Hands-on experience with gNMI streaming telemetry, and experience to leverage such technologies for network monitoring and optimization.
- Strong communication skills with a demonstrated experience to articulate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Extensive field experience with network deployments, including direct experience managing the complexities and challenges of large-scale rollouts.
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP and IPv6, including detailed understanding of performance tuning, security considerations and recent developments in the protocol.
- Practical experience with Netconf/XML network device configuration management, and knowledge of best practices for configuration management at scale.
- Deep understanding and experience with Passive Optical Networks (PON), specifically with ITU-T GPON, XG-PON or XGS-PON. A background in the design, deployment and operation of these technologies is highly desirable.
This job has expired.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here
. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta's Pay Transparency Policy
, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees
by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program
in certain locations, as required by law