If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
THIS POSITION IS PER DIEM AT OUR DEERFIELD BEACH CAMPUS
The University of Miami UMHC Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center Deerfield Beach has an exciting opportunity for a Per-diem Nuclear Medicine Technologist. The Nuclear Medicine Technologist performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in Nuclear Medicine. Responsibilities include radiopharmacy, administration of diagnostic and therapeutic
radiopharmaceuticals, quality control and radiation protection. The Nuclear MedicineTechnologist is responsible for the operations of Nuclear Medicine Services in the absence of
the Chief Nuclear Medicine Technologist. This position uses computer systems to access permitted Protected Health Information (PHI) as necessary to perform their functions. Employee must adhere to PHI "minimum necessary" compliance standards at all times.
- Verify the patient's ID by checking their name and date of birth.
- Ask patient to describe level of comfort and evidence of pain - prior, during, and at the completion of exam.
- Always obtain necessary consents.
- Always inform patient and/or patient's family of procedure to be performed
- Supervise as well as perform Nuclear Medicine procedures under the direction/supervision of a Radiologist using age appropriate standards of practice.
- Notify appropriate person of any change(s) in patient status.
- Maintain proper sterile techniques for procedures; regularly practice aseptic techniques and strictly obeys isolation and infection control procedures, prevent cross-contamination during procedures, ie, gloves, gown, mask, eye protection and hand washing.
- Assist the radiologist throughout the procedure with all the necessary supplies until completion.
- Question patient concerning medications, medical history, previous imaging procedures, and if applicable, possible pregnancy or nursing.
- Follow divisional policies on performing scans on pregnant women.
- High School diploma or Equivalent.
- Graduate of a Nuclear Medicine Technology program accredited by an agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- NMTCB or ARRT-N registered or must be registry eligible and registered within one year of eligibility.
- Valid State of Florida License as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist.
- Valid State of Florida License as a General Radiographer or Basic X-Ray Machine Operator preferred or must be obtained within one year of hire.
- BLS/ CPR certification required.
- One (1) year of relevant experience preferred, will consider new graduates from accredited schools.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Part timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.