GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The Nurse Practitioner is a registered nurse prepared with a minimum of a Master's Degree and has achieved certification by a nationally recognized credentialing body as an adult nurse practitioner, Family Nurse Practitioner or Women's health Nurse Practitioner. This advanced practice nurse will work in a collaborative practice within the OB/Gyn fertility center, to provide comprehensive gynecologic/fertility care for women in the ambulatory environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides care and management in the ambulatory setting of women and men experiencing reproductive challenges.
- In depth coordination of patient care beginning with new diagnosis through infertility therapy and early pregnancy care / pregnancy loss / inability to conceive.
- Management of care for patients undergoing ovulation induction, in vitro fertilization, oocyte donation, egg freezing, sperm analysis testing, male therapies to improve fertility.
- Consults with physician as needed and when clinical care was outside the scope of practice.
- Obtain AIUM certification for US based procedures and early OB scans
- Work with Nurse Manager on Nursing Education
- Work with Nurse Manager on QA initiatives
- Performs and records the patient history and physical exam and discusses findings with the physician. Utilizes advanced nursing knowledge to identify, prevent or solve complex and/or recurring patient care problems. Follows and manages patients (in collaboration with MD) enhancing continuity of care.
- Performs medically delegated aspects of patient care as agreed upon by nursing and medical administrators according to practice guidelines.
- Collaborates with unit staff and physicians to facilitate a comprehensive plan of care and coordinate resources. Maintains and practices in accordance with practitioner guidelines per state and hospital regulations.
- Monitors patient outcomes in accordance with defined standards of patient care. Collaborates with physicians and nurse manager to plan, implement, and evaluate pertinent changes in practice and health care delivery.
- Identifies system-wide factors contributing to undesirable outcomes, such as complications.
- Provides consultation to both nurses and physicians. Serves as a resource to staff in area(s) of expertise.
- Serves on appropriate intra and interdepartmental committees.
- Participates in the development of formal and informal educational programs for the unit-based nursing staff. Develops educational programs within area of expertise. Collaborates with unit staff, clinical teachers, clinical specialists, staff specialist and other health care professionals to meet staff and patient educational needs.
- Facilitates patient movement through the system and efficient use of resources through interdepartmental collaboration.
- Supports research efforts to advance knowledge and to promote research-based practice. Evaluates own practice and program effectiveness. Identifies pertinent nursing and health delivery problems for investigation. Evaluates current research findings for clinical specialty and determines applicability to unit practice.
- Responsible for own professional growth and maintenance of required credentials. Maintains the standards and educational requirements specific to the position and licensure. Identifies own learning needs and goals.
- Maintains and updates clinical knowledge and skills based on current health care practice/research.
Current licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a registered nurse in the expanded role of nurse practitioner
Master's Degree in Nursing.
National certification in advanced practice nursing area.
The ideal candidate will have experience in women's health and the care of gyn patients.EEO Statement
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Affirmative Action Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
This job has expired.