Shaner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace
The Massage Therapist at our relaxing Ocean Spa will apply a range of massage techniques involving hands and fingers to relieve pain in muscles, soft tissues, and other parts of the body. The therapist is expected to:
- Consult with clients before massage to identify and evaluate areas requiring therapeutic treatment.
- Consult with clients to assess their expectations, and asks questions related to pain or discomfort and to learn and/or update their medical histories as necessary and appropriate to the scope of treatment.
- Perform requested or suggested massage techniques, that may include deep tissue massage, Swedish massage, Shiatsu, hot stone therapy, Thai massage, and/or sports massage or other specials as advertised in our flyers.
- Occasionally communicate with the patient throughout the massage to ensure comfort with pressure levels and techniques being applied.
- Provide a relaxing environment for clients.
- Demonstrate and educate clients on methods to soothe and strengthen targeted muscles and tissues at home; may provide reference materials such as printed diagrams and materials or links to websites and videos for further guidance and instruction.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to correctly perform a variety of massage techniques including deep tissue massage, Swedish massage, Shiatsu, hot stone therapy, Thai massage, or sports massage
- Friendly and courteous demeanor, with ability to help patrons feel welcomed and relaxed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of massage therapy training program through an approved school or apprenticeship program required.
- Active licensure as a massage therapist required.
- Prolonged periods standing and providing massages.
- Must have necessary arm, hand, and finger strength and dexterity to provide massages.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Posting Date: Jan 24, 2023