Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Manages the day-to-day operational activities of an analytical laboratory. Directly supervises Department Managers. The operations Manager coordinates the efforts of multiple analytical operating groups. Provides strategic and technical assistance to the Laboratory Director to evaluate, derive and implement longer term strategy for operational improvements in laboratory's processes and systems.
- Working with/through management groups, coordinates the work of analytical laboratory groups and assists in setting work priorities in an effort to minimize costs, scheduling conflicts or delays.
- Assists the Laboratory Director to evaluate equipment/methods and makes recommendations on the purchase and implementation of analytical equipment and/or methods.
- Assists with the generation of the associated Capital Expenditures information required to pursue equipment or analytical methodology improvements.
- Reviews Laboratory Loading Forecasts to evaluate resources, capacity, and their ability to meet On Time Deliver (OTD) goals of greater than 90%
- Works with management group to manage status reports for all current projects and initiatives.
- Works with technical resources to evaluate, review and develop standard operating procedures and prepares recommendations as the need arises for new or revised analytical methods.
- With the laboratory management schedules and directs work to achieve established budget goals of the laboratory.
- Meets and conducts regularly scheduled operations meetings to resolve scheduling conflicts and delivery issues.
- Responsible for upholding and enforcing Company policies, including but not limited to, Quality Safety, Standard Operating Procedures, Ethics and Harassment.
- Expected to champion Health and Safety and assume ownership for the safety of those employees within her/his responsibility.
- Supports the Human Resources function to ensure that all policies and programs are applied consistently throughout the laboratory; such as discipline and performance.
- Responsible for personnel management, issue resolution, employee engagement, and professional development of the workforce.
- Fulfills Laboratory Director Responsibilities as needed.
- Accountable to understand budget process and necessary financial reports for the lab and to assist in process as needed.
- Consult and collaborate with Operation Managers at other labs in an effort to maximize lab efficiencies.
- Responsille for identifiying trainin opportunities for lab operations and personnel.
To perform tis job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
- BS degree in Chemistry or equivalent
- 10 years laboratory experience including 2 years' experience as an Operations Manager I
- Profit and loss experience
- Familiar with EPA, DOT, OSHA and DOL regulations
- Strong decisions making skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Organizational and Time Management Skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Negotiating skills
- Performance assessment/Performance Feedback
In a fast growing group, successful leaders are frequently being offered increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographic mobility).
Eurofins offers international opportunities to strong performers.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Governmentvaccination mandates may apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants will be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employmentEurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Governmentvaccination mandates apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants will be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment.
This job has expired.