About Eastern Washington University:
Eastern Washington University, a regional, comprehensive public university with an enrollment of over 10,000 students, is one of six state-funded four-year institutions of higher education in Washington, each governed by its own board of trustees. EWU’s 300-acre main campus is located in Cheney, a community of 12,000 residents 16 miles southwest of Washington’s second largest city, Spokane. Eastern also offers programs in downtown Spokane at the innovative, energy-efficient Catalyst building and at Riverpoint, a campus shared with Washington State University. In addition, EWU programs can be found at select locations throughout the state, aligned with the needs of the community. Eastern contributes to the vitality of the region and the state through its wide array of bachelor’s and master’s degrees in over 100 fields of study, as well as applied doctorates in physical therapy and educational leadership, offering accessible pathways to career success and personal development to students of all socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds.
Tribal Land Acknowledgement
Eastern Washington University resides within the traditional homelands of the Spokane People and other tribes who are connected through their shared history of this region. This land holds their cultural DNA and it is their Ancestors who are here and bring forth the knowledge of this place—the knowledge that comes from the land.
The Center for Academic Advising and Retention, Eastern Washington University, invites applicants for their Operations Manager position.
This position's primary responsibility is to provide operational support to the Center for Academic Advising and Retention (CAAR). Work includes maintaining smooth operations of the front office in CAAR including the hiring, supervision, and mentorship of all student workers. In addition, this position will maintain inventory, submit purchasing requests, manage Navigate Appointment Center and Student Scheduler for the department; create and maintain new student Advising & Registration events in Technosolutions Slate; update the unit's operations manual and operational calendar; assist in maintaining the department's website; update and maintain the department's external and internal communication materials; respond to inquiries regarding policies and procedures, provide technical assistance to students and staff; and interact daily with public clientele, students, staff, and faculty.
Work is performed under the general supervision of the Associate Director of CAAR. Much of the assignments are reoccurring. However, the Operations Manager will independently plan, organize, and prioritize work as needed.
A successful applicant is:
Applications will be accepted until June 20, 2023; screening of applications will begin the next day.
- Accountable/Dependable: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Demonstrates Sound Judgment: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Actively Engages in Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptable/Flexible: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Committed to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create an environment that supports and embraces diversity.
All materials will be held in strictest confidence; references will not be contacted until candidates have been notified.Please see job duties section for a more complete list of position responsibilities.
On top of salary, the university offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 12 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses. For additional information regarding insurance benefits please see our Benefits page: https://inside.ewu.edu/hr/benefits/insurance/
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum five (5) years of progressively responsible administrative/clerical/office experience
- Experience or training that demonstrates the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook software applications to produce written correspondence, create and maintain spreadsheets, receive and respond to e-mail inquiries, tasks, etc.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively organize multiple work assignments, involving competing priorities to produce work products that are accurate, of a high quality and meet deadlines.
- General fiscal experience, training and/or education that demonstrates the ability to monitor and reconcile budgets, budgeting, travel, compile and interpret fiscal data and provide related Reports.
- Experience maintaining websites and web forms
- Customer service experience.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a culturally responsive and flexible approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal accessibility, of our students, faculty, staff and the public.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of software programs commonly used in academic settings such as EAB Navigate, Ellucian Banner, Technolutions Slate
- Experience using Google Suite and WordPress
- Experience with data software, such as Evisions Argos and Salesforce Tableau
- supervisory experience
Job Duties: % of Time:
- Effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students and external constituents
- Time Management: Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a proactive manner
- Attention to Detail
40 Responsibility / Duty: Office Operations (40%)
Essential Function Indicator:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the advising office by ensuring the effective and efficient flow of student appointments including but not limited to managing the advising office front desk and maintaining adequate coverage in support of the unit’s operations.
- Create a front office environment that is student-centered, responsive to students’ needs, friendly and helpful.
- Develop and implement office procedures, policies, and systems, in consultation with department leadership; document and communicate new initiatives and updates for department
- Resolve problems and respond to inquiries (via telephone, email, or in person) from current and prospective students, staff, and faculty regarding rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and services pertaining to academic advising.
- Review and respond to Academic Advising email inquiries daily.
- Compose office correspondence; devise, evaluate, and revise forms for internal use.
- Assists with promotional marketing/event materials for the department.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation, compilation, and coordination of reports and records such as financial, labor distribution, and personnel reports for the Associate Director and co-directors.
- Perform complex data processing tasks and use spreadsheets and database software to develop and maintain records.
- Plan Department meetings and events
- Assist search committees in department recruitment and hiring processes
- Review documents, records, or applications for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with EWU and office policy and procedures.
- Develop and foster strong and supportive working relationships internally within CAAR and externally with the EWU campus community.
Yes % of Time:
30 Responsibility / Duty: Student Employee Supervision (30%)
Essential Function Indicator:
- Manage the academic advising office’s student employees including the recruiting, hiring, supervising, and mentoring of student employees.
- Oversee and direct the work of student staff, clearly defining performance expectations, ensuring accountability, and providing ongoing feedback, coaching, and mentoring to student employees.
- Ensure adequate coverage of office operations during all open office hours, including but not limited to all student academic breaks and summer term. Schedule and monitor student employee hours.
- Train student employees on office operations, policies and procedures ensuring students have all they need to be successful employees.
- Organize and oversee participation in university activities such as tabling events, and presentations.
Yes % of Time:
15 Responsibility / Duty: Technology and Website Maintenance (15%)
Essential Function Indicator:
- Manage Navigate Appointment Center and Student Scheduler for CAAR.
- Assist with creating and maintaining events, forms, and queries for new student onboarding in Slate.
- Assist with maintaining the Academic Advising website, including adding and updating information, links, scrolling headers, forms, videos, and other media.
- Support the creation and implementation of website maintenance schedules ensuring all media content on the website is up to date and accurate.
- Follow EWU’s Office of Marketing and Communications guidelines for all information and media on the website.
- Offer support to Academic advising office staff regarding basic technology needs and support and refer staff to the EWU Information Technology department regularly.
Yes % of Time:
15 Responsibility / Duty: Equipment & Supplies
Essential Function Indicator:
- Monitor and maintain department equipment and materials inventory.
- Manage purchasing of equipment and supplies.
- Remain current on all University rules and procedures.
Yes Conditions of Employment:
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16.The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
All new employees must comply with EWU Immunization Policy 602-02
and provide proof of immunity or vaccination to MMR before beginning work at EWU. Waivers
for the immunization requirements are available for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs.
This position is covered by the Public School Employees’ of Washington Collective Bargaining Agreement: https://in.ewu.edu/hr/wp-content/uploads/sites/40/2021/07/Eastern-Washington-University-PSE-CBA-2021-2024-FINAL.pdf
Upon hire you must complete required DEI, Hazing, Harassment and Title IX training, and other federal, state & university mandated trainings. You can access the online training at https://inside.ewu.edu/hr/training/orientation/
or complete the training in person or via Zoom. In person and Zoom training opportunities will be posted on InsideEWU and are listed on Human Resources’ https://inside.ewu.edu/hr/training/ Salary Information:
The salary for this position is $47,882 (minimum) up to $51,878. Where the hired candidate will begin within this range is dependent on education, experience, and skills.Posting Date:
06/01/2023Open Until Further Notice:
6/20/2023Screening to Begin:
06/21/2023Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit your application materials through our online applications portal provided below. If you are unable to submit through the applicant portal, please contact Human Resources Services at (509) 359-2381.To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu/postings/10738EWU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, protected veteran or military status, HIV or hepatitis C, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, as provided for and to the extent required by state and federal laws.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.