We are hiring an experienced Operations Manager with industrial services experience. Previous experience supporting hazmat emergency response is highly preferred. CDL is required
Operations Managers at US Ecology plan and execute operations to ensure the facility is run in a safe, compliant, and efficient manner. A typical day includes dispatching crews to assigned jobs and ensure they have the necessary supplies, properly working equipment and adequate staffing needs to perform to US Ecology standards. In addition, Operations Managers coordinate field activities and work directly with customers and management personnel during emergency responses/situations.
You're a diplomatic and experienced leader with a keen eye for managing initiatives down to the smallest detail. You enjoy thinking analytically, and your colleagues count on you to come up with innovative and practical solutions under pressure. Your ideal position is with a growing company where you can work as part of a successful team.
Day in the Life
While no two days are the same, you can typically expect to:
What you need to apply
- Boot up your computer and review tasks for the day
- Walk through the facility to observe operations and identify any issues
- Catch up with Leads and Supervisors
- Track and prepare reports on daily material received, inventory and daily inspections
- Work on documentation and paperwork
- Contact vendors for pricing for disposal, supplies, etc.
- Oversee and facilitate the eligible disposal sites
- Handle inquiries from internal and external auditors during inspections
- Oversee the material (recipes) for the Waste Processing area
- Provide technical support to managers and subordinates
- Support the facility with technical advice
- Participate in budget development and manages operating and capital expenditure budgets and reports
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of current hazardous waste treatment processes.
- Thorough knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Comfort wearing a respirator and/or PPE as needed
- CDL License is required
- Ability to pass pre-employment background checks and drug screening
US Ecology helps our customers keep the environment clean by doing the hard but rewarding work of safely disposing of hazardous and regulated waste. In short, we work to provide a sustainable future for our children and their grandchildren.For your hard work
- Tuition reimbursement after six months
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Employer paid certifications and training
- 100% employer paid medical for you
- Paid Time Off
- Cash Recognition Programs
- Find out more at usecology.com
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
This job has expired.