Job ID: 299442
W-L Construction and Paving, a CRH company, is one of southwest Virginia's largest grading contractors and the largest paving contractor in the area employing more than 350 employees during the construction months. W-L performs all aspects of roadway construction including grading, paving, stone, concrete, and utilities with paving operations exceeding one million tons per year. With multiple locations throughout the state of Virginia, W-L prides itself on its ability to provide a multitude of services to many customers in various geographical locations. In addition, by being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, W-L Construction & Paving, Inc . has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
We are seeking a qualified, safety minded, motivated individual to operate and maintain the daily functions for our job sites in Winchester, VA. This is a skilled position requiring the effective management for the operations and employee relations.
As a foreman, you will be working with your crew(s), subs and suppliers effectively managing the daily onsite activities on the project. You will also be required to work closely with the Superintendent or Project Management Team fulfilling an integral role in the project between crew and management.
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
- Responsible for the scheduling, production, and delivery of all material to the jobsites
- Maintain material/ product inventories
- Operate and maintain equipment properly
- Work with dispatchers on all orders to ensure they are correct
- Responsible for running the jobsite and meeting/ exceeding production numbers
- Ensure proper coding of related invoices
- Prepare necessary reports in a timely manner
- Perform the duties of a heavy equipment operator when necessary
- Perform the duties of a construction worker/ laborer when necessary
- Adhere to our safety culture and help ensure a safe working environment
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Pass a pre-employment "Fit for Work" physical.
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean MVR - CDL is a plus
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Be able to work long hours when required.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Be at least age 18 years of age.
- 5+ Years Field Expeience - Operating Heavy Equipment, Underground Utilities, Pipe Laying and/or Grading.
- 2+ Years as Foreman or Crew Lead
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Applications with the ability to learn new software systems as needed.
- Be able to communicate appropriately with co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.
- Be knowledgeable of materials and equipment needed to perform tasks.
- Candidate shall have extensive experience with reading and understanding project plans, specifications and contract requirements; knowledge of the materials, equipment and tools necessary to layout and complete the work; the ability to calculate slopes, percentages, grades and elevations.
Experience with Topcon GPS Layout a plus
Experience in all the following: reading plans/blueprints, stakes, ability to check grades, understanding of soil types and composition, calculating slopes, percentages and elevations, knowledge of safe operation of the various types of equipment on the project
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
W-L Construction and Paving is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Jul 26, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Washington DC Job Segment:
Transportation, Equipment Operator, Laborer, Labor, Project Manager, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations, Technology
This job has expired.