The Operator performs tasks to assist in the maintenance activities associated with the operation of treatment plants located in industrial facilities. Tasks include but are not restricted to the Preventative Maintenance (PM) and or repair of various types of pump sets that range from 5-75 HP, chemical feed systems, polymer feed systems, filtration systems along with the piping modifications to current applications and possible additions to current piping systems.
***Position is based in Pittsburgh, but requires travel to Veolia sites. The position results in providing maintenance service to projects within a 300 mile radius of Pittsburgh with out of town travel up to 70% of the time with the expectation to return to Pittsburgh on weekends.
- Perform skilled and semi-skilled maintenance activities including the installation, maintenance and repair of wastewater treatment plant equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on plant equipment, machinery and related facilities
- Interpret, explain, and enforce department policies and procedures
- Operate a variety of maintenance equipment in a safe and effective manner
- Read, interpret and understand technical manuals, blueprints, drawings, and diagrams
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, update and repair malfunctioning equipment
- Utilize a computerized preventive maintenance program
- Troubleshoot and repair instrumentation and electrical equipment
- Maintain detailed records and prepare clear and concise reports
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a safe driving record
- Must be able to pass a drug test and a criminal background check
- Previous job experience in a related field that emphasized a strong commitment to a safe work environment
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily
- Must have the ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions)
- Must have a working knowledge of P&ID's
- Must demonstrate ability to maintain equipment such as pumps, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed, odor control, disinfection equipment, sludge processing filters, belt presses, measuring/control devices, testing equipment and material handling equipment associated with treatment operations
- Must demonstrate ability to perform routine mechanical, electrical, welding, or machining maintenance activities on equipment including lubrication, inspection, and replacement parts; order and maintain stock levels of lubricants used in plant equipment
- Must demonstrate ability to conduct performance tests of plant equipment using tachometers, pressure gauges, flowmeter, amp and volt meters
- Must demonstrate ability to perform pipefitting; install and repair air, sewer and hydraulic piping systems
- Methods and techniques of maintaining and repairing wastewater plant equipment, machinery and related facilities
- Lubricants used in plant equipment
- Electrical codes
- Fundamentals of pipefitting and fabrication
- Programmable logic controls, telemetry units and fiber optics
- Operational characteristics of maintenance equipment and tools
- Metering and measuring devices related to wastewater
- Basic mathematics
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications Occupational hazards and standard safety practices
- Work Environment:
Spends 100% of the time in operations environment. May need to work outside in inclement weather conditions
and drive company vehicle to perform duties.
Possible Work Hazards:
May be exposed to possible operations hazards including fumes, toxic and caustic chemicals, heavy machinery,
high pressure, hot or cold work environment temperatures, slippery surfaces, water hazards and electrical
Amount of time spent - Standing 25%, Walking 75% for as many as five miles per shift.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch
and enter confined spaces. May be required to use ladders or stairs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
This job has expired.