This job has expired.
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami has an exciting opportunity for a Per Diem Ophthalmic Technician with Bascom Palmer Eye Institute located in Plantation, Florida.
This position is competent in the theory, principles, and practice of eye care. The duties will include proper documentation in
the EMR system and performing ocular diagnostic testing using specialized instrumentation in compliance with department
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
This position will perform ocular diagnostic testing using specialty specific imaging instruments, documents procedures, and upload
images into the electronic medical record.
1. Perform diagnostic testing including but not limited to the below.
• Color fundus photography
• Fluorescein angiography
• ICG (Indocyanine Green) angiography
• Optical coherence tomography
• Automated & manual perimetry
• Slit lamp photography
• Gonio photography
• External photography
• Ocular motility photography
2. Provide patient-centric care.
3. Adhere to University of Miami policies, standards, and values.
4. Comply with regulations and maintain patient confidentiality.
5. Follow best practices of patient safety, hand hygiene, and infection control.
6. Complete University of Miami mandatory in-services and online training.
7. Attend educational courses for ophthalmic personnel when assigned.
8. Demonstrate high quality of work through accuracy, timeliness, professionalism, and thoroughness.
9. Meet daily productivity goals.
10. Perform organization duties as designated.
11. Ensure all equipment is calibrated, and instrumentation is in proper working order.
12. Participate in assigned clinical research and maintain required certifications.
13. Organize and stock rooms for daily clinical activities.
14. Travel to satellite offices when necessary.
15. Work evenings and weekends as needed.
16. Maintain OPS certifications.
17. Assist training of visiting imaging technicians, residents, fellows, and faculty members.
18. Support residents, fellows, and faculty members with imaging presentations.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Posted 30 minutes ago
Posted 30 minutes ago
Posted 28 minutes ago