Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for the sanitation, set up, start up, adjustment, and running of all equipment in the packaging area. It is their responsibility, under the direction of the supervisor, to ensure all packaging meets quality specifications for paper type, bag code, case code, case condition, and bag length. They are also responsible for cleaning the automatic product scales and baggers in a way that no foreign material is introduced into the product.
Individuals in this position must:
- Follow all plant safety policies and procedures. Be actively involved in safety, participate in safety programs, engaged in safety activities, perform risk assessments and demonstrate ownership as well as leadership in personal safety and thesafety of other team members.
- Operate and adjust all equipment from theNode [Product bagger distribution, including shakers, belts, feeders, scalingequipment, packaging machines, Blueprints,case settlers, gluers, and coders]toensureproduct is efficiently packaged according to product specifications.
- Keep package machines loaded with paper.
- Monitors line-flow rates: Regular checks for proper feed of product through baggers for maximum efficiency. Monitors and adjusts vibrators to gain optimum bagger performance. Includes continuous scraping to allow for optimum product level.
- Monitors bagger operation: Ensures by regular checks that baggers are being fed with enough product to run efficiently. Ability to perform metal detector checks.Checks bag weights and adjusts to meet Q.A. standards. Changes tape and wires on jaws. Changes paper and poly rolls. Checks poly codes with Q.A. and continuously monitors for accuracy.
- MonitorsBlueprintoperation: Adjusts for different fiber. Adjusts chair. Loadswith fiber. Adjusts bag settlers as needed to minimize breakage.
- Monitors case settler operation: Adjusts for different fiber. Monitors headspace on cases and adjusts settings accordingly (compression, time and height).
- Monitors case sealer operation: Adjust for different fiber. Monitors and adjusts glue patterns. Changes glue heads as needed. Ensures proper sanitation and operation (changes or scrapes glue head and housing continuously).
- Monitors Ink-jet coder: Programs proper code statement. Adjusts for optimum code placement and clarity on case.
- Monitors line sanitation: Keeps baggers clean of crumbs. Cleans take-away belts. Keeps floors clean of debris. CleansNode area asneeded, orassigned. Ensures all of Packaging is clean and food safe.
- Regulate product flow through equipment and adjust bin dumps as necessary to achieve maximum packaging efficiency.
- Ensure bag lengths meet targets by monitoring and adjusting lengths. Advise supervisor if bag lengths cannot be obtained.
- Ensure proper paper and cases are used per product specification.
- Work to achieve minimum paper and case waste.
- Perform sanitation work as assigned by the supervisor to include scraping product feeders and product scaling equipment during downtime.
- Help train new personnel in the positionof PackageOperator
- Communicates need ofpackaging material (paper, poly, carton) fromDry Supplyas needed.
- Records packaging machinery efficiencies, downtime and fills out reports accurately and correctly.
- Troubleshoots equipment operation: Able to identify mechanical and electrical equipment problems andtake actionby notifying proper personnel. Operates equipment with minimum waste.
- Reworks product,whilereusing fiber when appropriate.
- Gives other employees breaks as directed by the teamleader
- May be required to use a2 wayradio.
- Required to use a computer touch screen to monitor and control equipment.
- Follow good housekeeping practices and GMP's.
- Wear required PPE.
Job QualificationsQualifications & Experience
- Actively participate in AMD activities; Maintain Centerlines and CIL's.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by a Team Leader
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job. To successfully perform this job an individual must:
- Have the ability tobe trained and qualified in Sanitationas it is required.
- Employee must beLock-out/Tag-out qualification is required. If you are not qualified, you will be trained.
- Read, understand, and obey all plant rules and practice safety as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Practice proper body mechanics and safe lifting techniques.
- Be knowledgeable of the potential hazards and safety procedures associated with the task being performed.
- Actively practice and abide by all Company work, safety, and personal hygiene rules and regulations as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player, be organized, andplan ahead.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.Language Skills
Effectively communicate in English verbally and in writing. Ability to understand instructions and follow directions in English.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. The employee:
- The noise level in the work environment can exceed 85dB.
- Will regularly work near moving mechanical parts.
- Will frequently be exposed to humid conditions as well as moderate heat.
- Will occasionally be exposed to cool conditions.
This job has expired.
- May occasionally work around fumes or airborne particles, chemicals, and vibration.
- Will work around forklift traffic.