At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We're a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we've grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter-from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
We are searching for a dynamic individual to join our team in the position of Packaging Supervisor.
How You Will Make Contributions that Matter:
You Are Best Suited For The Role If You Have:
- Work with plant management and other supervisory staff to assign, direct, review and monitor work of supervised staff to maximize productivity in the plant.
- Ensure proper procedures are in place and being followed for production efficiency, quality of product, employee safety, and state and federal guidelines.
- Inspect products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments to machines.
- Coordinate production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of production run assignments.
- Complete all assigned paperwork, including but not limited to, production/packaging records, Master Cleaning Sanitation Lists, schedules, accident reports and investigations, and any other documents.
- Recommend improvements to production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Provide supervision of assigned employees in scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action and performance management. Participate in grievances solutions or other contract related activities and discussions.
- Ensure consistent application of company policies and procedures. Support employee progressive disciplinary action activities in partnership with Human Resources.
- Promote safety programs and policies in order to reduce the number of safety incidents and near-misses.
- Train and instruct employees regarding production and equipment standards and processes. Oversees instruction, implementation and enforcement of policies as they relate to employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We Support and Care for Our Employees By Providing Them With:
- One to three years of supervisory experience in a food packaging environment preferred.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based applications.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Skills in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends in support of plant operations.
- Development opportunities that enhance you career fulfillment.
- Meaningful compensation & benefits that help you care for your family.
- Opportunities to contribute to your community and enhance the lives of others through Saputo products
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/usa-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit www.EEOC.gov.
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking here (English) or here (Spanish).
This job has expired.