Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world's leading food, beverage, and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 109 glass and metal manufacturing facilities in 22 countries, employing approximately 23,500 people and have global sales of approximately US$8.2 bn.
At Ardagh we have a reputation for innovation; pushing the boundaries of what's possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. The unprecedented growth of our business has been driven by our unrivalled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement.
We strongly believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organization.
For more information on Ardagh Group, please visit www.ardaghgroup.com
You can also download our News Centre App by searching Ardagh in the App Store.
The Palletizer Operator tends to the automatic can palletizer to ensure continuous line production.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience:
- Understands and complies with position related safety SOP's and work instructions, especially for Lockout/Tagout, Machine Guarding, Housekeeping, SQF, and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Comply with all plant and corporate safety policies and regulations and participate pro-actively in plant safety programs and initiatives, including online safety training and safety observations.
- Comply with all plant and corporate Safe Quality Food (SQF) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Tends automatic can palletizer to ensure continuous line production.
- Operate controls when necessary to restore machine to automatic status. Pull defective cans, upright-turned over cans, clear jams from palletizers, conveyors, runways, pallet or top frame dispensers.
- Analyze inspection data and establish quality level and acceptability of product where limits are not clearly defined; to include understanding and identifying defective product in accordance with corporate and plant procedure.
- Check layers of cans for full pattern pack, replacing missing or defective cans.
- Counts, records, and disposes of spoilage in designated manner.
- Performs any specifically assigned check, test, gauge or instrument inspections. Reports finding to appropriated employees and supervisor. Enters data in system.
- Continuously inspects visually for defective product.
- Reports to supervisor any incidences of equipment malfunction or defective cans or packing materials.
- Communicates with peers to understand issues, changes and processes.
- Sorts, re-feeds or depals cans as required.
- Completes any other duties as assigned.
- Maintains the highest level of housekeeping.
Key Job Competencies / Physical Demands:
- Familiar with Personal Protective Equipment
- Detail oriented
- Prior experience in a fast-paced manufacturing facility
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Our Vision and Values
- Exposure to heat, cold, vibrations, odors/fumes, and loud noise
- Ability to work multiple machines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to climb stairs frequently.
- Able to visually differentiate colors and read fine print
- Willing and able to work overtime, weekends, holidays and night shifts
The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world's leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people, and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate based on age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.Nearest Major Market:
Cleveland Nearest Secondary Market:
This job has expired.