Beacon Hill Legal's client is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and sells airplanes, rotorcraft, rockets, satellites, telecommunications equipment, and missiles worldwide company headquartered in Arlington, Virginia. They're looking to bring on a temporary, hybrid Paralegal long-term project.
What you'll do:
- Negotiate and draft high volumes of commercial, technology, and other legal documentation, on both the company and supplier forms, including services agreements, purchase agreements, confidentiality agreements, statements of work, amendments, and related commercial documents, across a wide variety of jurisdictions, and work with internal stakeholders to efficiently process those agreements and related documents consistent with the company's Policies and Procedures.
- Communicate understandable strategic advice and guidance to the company's internal procurement teams and business clients of all levels regarding business and legal issues and risks.
- When escalating contractual issues or risks to Attorneys, provide suitable background on the transaction, concise summaries of the issues and risks, and suggested mitigation strategies.
- Draft letters, memoranda, and other written communications while maintaining and protecting confidentiality, privilege, sensitivity, and/or security of all oral and written communications (and apply legends and use encryption for that purpose when needed).
- Able to both work independently to resolve problems and confer with Attorneys on final solutions or next-step processes.
- Administer and maintain Law Department projects, policies, procedures, and practices.
- A cooperative, positive, team-oriented attitude is necessary, including the ability to communicate with military and international internal clients and counterparties.
- The position will require some responsibilities for team or department-oriented tasks, projects, and activities, including developing and delivering, with assistance of Attorneys, legal-training programs, and materials to various internal client groups.
- The position may on occasion require research of law, cases, and procedures utilizing specialized software (e.g.,Lexis/Nexis, CourtLink, WestLaw, Pacer), the Internet, and other applications, analyzing the results of research and drafting legal memoranda assessing, among other things, the merits and respective risks and opportunities with different approaches for Attorney review.
- Must be able to handle a very large volume of supplier agreements, perform work with limited direction, work directly with clients to gather and analyze information to identify issues and risks, recommend possible solutions or mitigations, and support and participate in contract negotiations.
- Ability to identify issues and risks that may exceed the scope of authority of the Paralegal, and the judgment to determine when to escalate to the responsible Attorney.
- Organized self-starter who is adept at adapting and executing in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal, writing, and analytical skills, and business judgment.
- Location: Hybrid onsite at least 3 days a week (Seattle, WA)
- Duration: 12 months
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands offer a complete suite of staffing services to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting www.beaconhillstaffing.com.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future (TM)