If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Gordon Center for Research in Medical Education at the University of Miami has an exciting opportunity for a Temporary Part-time Paramedic Instructor to work in the UHealth Campus. The mission of the Gordon Center (GC) is to develop and disseminate leading edge educational programs utilizing advanced technology and simulation systems. The Paramedic (PEH Instructor) is part of the cadre of instructors that teach in the GCRME emergency training programs that includes over 15,000 learners per year. Courses include BLS, ACLS, PALS, PHTLS, Advanced Stroke Life Support, Emergency Response to Terrorism and Airway Management.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Provides didactic instruction and psychomotor skills training in PEH courses to a diverse population of learners at the provider and instructor level.
- Administers written tests and skills performance evaluations of PEH course learners.
- Provides remedial tutoring of learners with identified deficiencies in performance of course requirements.
- Barring a conflict of interest, participates in the planning, development and/or implementation of the Center's annual Advance Life Support Competition.
- Maintains current knowledge of the latest evidence for the subject matters being taught.
- Sets up and breaks down, puts away equipment, furniture, etc., as required by course.
- Participates in GCRME presentations to a variety of community, political and medical audiences.
- Promotes positive communications about the Center and its programs within the allied health care community and contributes to the Center's responsiveness to constituent agency educational needs.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Certification in relevant specialty or field
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Commitment to the University's core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Part timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.