BRADFORD WOODS (BA-BRAD-IUBLA)
Come work for Bradford Woods , Indiana University's Outdoor Center located just 30 minutes north of the IU Bloomington campus. Bradford Woods is a private property that consists of 2,500-acres of wooded land with a 110-acre lake. Our property sits just outside of Martinsville off State Road 67. The property is used by over 400 unique programs from retreats and events to environmental education school programs.
Offering free parking and a beautiful space to work, there is no better place to be than at Bradford Woods.
- Cleans and sanitizes restroom facilities, shower areas, walls, partitions, windows, and door glass.
- Performs floor care, including all phases of hard floor care, carpet care including vacuuming and edging, and spot cleaning.
- Cleans lounges, stairwells, offices, and public areas.
- Maintains and sanitizes kitchen work areas.
- Understands the proper methods and safety procedures related to the use of chemical agents used for cleaning and utilizes products as recommended by the label and according to material safety data sheets (MSDS).
- Uses appropriate personal protective equipment and replaces as needed.
- Cleans, supplies, and sanitizes all fixtures, containers, and surfaces in restroom facilities.
- Performs snow removal, furniture moving, and other jobs requiring moving medium to heavy objects several times of the year.
- High school diploma or GED
Working Conditions / Demands
- Ability to effectively communicate and exchange information
- Ability to interact and communicate with a wide variety of people
- Ability to perform work that requires medium to heavy physical effort
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to work in team environment
- Ability to work with wide variety of cultures and backgrounds
Physical requirements of this position include ability to: move a wide variety of items from one place to another on a frequent basis, including furniture, and/or ascending/descending stairs and ladders; remain stationary or mobile for long periods of time in performing job assignments; position self in order to clean surfaces that are on different elevations and uneven surfaces. Must be able to exert 25 pounds of force frequently and 25-50 pounds of force, occasionally.Work Location
Martinsville, IndianaJob Classification
Career Level: Part Time Employee
Job Function: Part Time Employee
Job Family: Part Time Employee
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us
This job has expired.