IU Event Services, a department of IU Auditorium, is Bloomington's leading provider of guest services staffing. Our guest services model follows the simple rule to exceed guests' expectations in every facet of their experience. IU Event Services events are aligned with the vision and goals of the organization we work with, bringing with us the philosophy that the organization and the events must be created with the customer in mind.
- Engages with every guest they encounter to ensure a positive and welcoming experience.
- Provides directional assistance to guests and become familiar with venue layouts.
- Oversees crowd management to ensure a safe experience for all guests.
- Assists patrons with accessibility needs.
- Receives training to take on any staff position.
- Scans tickets, oversees seating sections, and assists in VIP hospitality areas.
- High school diploma or equivalent (HSED or GED)
- Prior sales or customer service positions
Working Conditions / Demands
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and take feedback
- Eagerness to support and cheer on coworkers in a team environment
- Ability to adjust to ever-changing event demands
This position requires the ability to move through a multi-level facility. Ability to stand for extended periods of time. Along with the ability to move up to 10 pounds. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without accommodation. Work Location
Bloomington, IndianaAdvertised Salary
$11.50 per hour and $11.75 per hour based on event type
Additional supervisor and manager positions available after experienceAdvertised Salary
This position is available for work-study and non-work-study students.Work Hours
Up to 29 hours per week (work hours must total 29 across all part-time university jobs the employee holds)
Many shifts are on weeknight evenings or weekends (Shift times vary)
Employees have the flexibility to create their own work schedules based on available events
Management may provide certain schedule requirements employees are expected to meet (i.e. working 5 out of 7 home IU Football games)Benefits Overview
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.Job Classification
Career Level: Part Time Employee
Job Function: Part Time Employee
Job Family: Part Time Employee
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us
This job has expired.