Parts Manager is responsible for all daily operations of the parts department which include, but are not limited to, packing products, shipping and receiving, order fulfilment, logistics management, accurate inventory management and security.
* Complete and log all activities in management systems and document controls as required, transferring parts, receiving, shipping, stocking, auditing, compliance with all policy and procedures.
* Work with carriers/ brokers to ensure cost-effective shipping methods.
* Manage inventory to appropriate levels that support financial and operational needs and improve inventory turns.
* Conduct inventory cycle counts of inventory and update logs and system inventory as required.
* Properly package, label, and tag parts inventory.
* Manage warehouse/inventory layout and structure, through lean inventory practices.
* Report damages and discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement and record keeping purposes.
* Load and unload parts and supplies, ensuring proper handling of components.
* Responsible for maintaining parts department and workplace organization.
* Responsible for maintaining accuracy of warehouse inventory and participating in annual physical inventories
* Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock and investigate discrepancies or adjustment errors.
* Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in stockroom and/or bin locations.
* Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety requirements.
* Determine proper storage methods, identification, and bin location based on turnover and physical capabilities of facility.
* Prepare and maintain records and reports of inventories, shortages, shipments, and expenditures.
* Issue or distribute materials, parts, and supplies based on information from work orders, purchase orders or requisitions.
* Various administrative task such as processing documents, emailing and data entry.
* Other tasks as assigned.
* Ability to represent the Company in a professional manner.
* Ability to understand and follow specific instructions as provided by the supervisor
* Ability to communicate and interact with customers, co-workers, vendors, and freight shippers
* Ability to operate independently and under pressure, to perform multiple concurrent tasks and responsibilities, and to deal with changing priorities, while maintaining personal effectiveness
Skills and Experience Requirements
* 5-10 years related experience; Minimum two years supervisory experience.
* Warehouse operations and facility maintenance background.
* Excellent problem-solving skills, computer skills and attention to details
* Ability to build strategic working relationships
* Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically
* Knowledge of 5S and Lean environments preferred
* Must be able to work 40 hours a week and overtime as needed
* Able to lift up to 50lbs and work at heights off ladders
* Requires operating both forklifts and company vehicles
* Must have working knowledge of Microsoft office products and Wynne (RentalMan) maintenance software
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Posted about 4 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago