The Patient Services Specialist 1, with direct oversight, provides administrative support in a physician office, clinic or other operational area that assists patients, to ensure high quality, patient-centered care. Duties include patient relations, check-in and check-out, scheduling, insurance verification and answering phones.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Assists with patient duties to include patient relations, check-in or check-out, scheduling, insurance verification, and answering phones. Arranges follow-up visits and referral appointments.
- Assists with patient registration duties by collecting and verifying insurance information. Verifies patient demographics and enters changes into computer system. Directs patient to appropriate waiting areas.
- Accepts payments for physician/clinic services according to established guidelines. Posts payments and enters charges into computer utilizing appropriate codes. Generates daily payment reports and verifies cash drawer against report. Provides accurate patient, medical, financial or procedural information to patients or approved outside entities. May be required to discuss financial arrangements with patients.
- Receives and directs phone calls. Assists patients and other visitors. Responds to routine inquiries concerning practice services, hours of operation, etc. Ensures any patient complaints are handled appropriately.
- Assists with medical records duties as requested.
Hours: Part-time position for evening hours to included weekends and holidays
Location: Temple Contact Center
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Good listening, interpersonal and communication (oral and written), and professional, pleasant and respectful telephone etiquette. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences. Empathetic listener, sensitive, upbeat, optimistic, articulate, gracious and tactful.
- Ability to promptly assess requests by using electronic and paper resource materials and correctly respond to patient inquiries.
- Ability to calm upset patients in a composed and professional demeanor.
- Excellent data entry, numeric, typing and computer navigational skills, with attention to details.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, constantly changing and stressful environment.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- Prefrred - Bilingual and customer service experience