A Total Airport Services (TAS) Ramp Supervisor is critical thinker using process and logic to supervise, coordinate, plan and schedule ramp operations. The Ramp Supervisor leads and directs above and below wing ramp crew activities such as loading, unloading, securing, marshalling, cabin activities, aircraft staging, cargo and baggage handling quantity and orientation. TAS Ramp Supervisor ensures all safety and security processes are followed while effectively demonstrating TAS organizational guidelines as defined in our Best in Class program.
Pax Ramp Supervisor Operations is responsible to:
- Oversee, coordinate and participate in all activities related to ramp operations.
- Communicate with upper management and keep the Operations Manager informed on all important matters pertaining to Ramp operations.
- Manage and prepare schedules for ramp employees, and assign work including managing meal break rest periods and overtime.
- Work under pressure and complete flight reports of ramp operation activities.
- Ensure all employees are following company organizational guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Facilitate work process and monitor day-to-day functions, ensuring safe personnel and efficient use of ground service equipment.
- Work with all managers to make sure risk assessments are current and up to date.
- Ensure safety compliance and precautions are taken and all employees are trained/current on the equipment they are required to use.
- Conduct safety meetings, company announcements and pre-flight briefings.
- Investigate, Document and Report all unsafe, unhealthy conditions or occurrences that cause injury/damage to any person/property to management immediately.
- Ensure all ramp personnel adhere to all carrier/customer and Customs Boarder Protection (CBP) requirements and TAS Environmental Health and Safety procedures.
- Conduct performance evaluations on ramp crew.
- Communicate and provide feedback to/from customers (including multiple locations where applicable).
- Perform any other duties as assigned