The People Experience Business Partner (PEBP) will be responsible for aligning business objectives with team member and management in designated business units / functional areas / facilities. The PEBP will be assigned to business unit(s) to ensure the effective deployment of PE strategies, processes, policies, systems and metrics that contribute to the overall success of the business. The PEBP will serve as a consultant to management and will work proactively to recognize issues and develop appropriate measures and tools to enhance business unit performance. This role will be seen as a strategic thought partner and resource for the business unit they support and takes a more consultative role working in PE as a team member champion and change agent.
Key Responsibilities -
Key COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Serve as key, trusted advisor to leadership on business direction, particularly related to people aspects of the business by demonstrating a thorough understanding of business strategies, competitive landscape and current, anticipated and potential future business challenges
- Collaboratively design solutions from a holistic PE and process thinking perspective within a relevant business context and communicate in business terms
- Guide business leaders in identifying, prioritizing and building current and future talent strategies, pipelines, behaviors, structures, and processes, supported by data and analysis
- Works closely with management and team members to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity, stimulate employee development and retention
- Build and maintain business knowledge for assigned areas of responsibility, including organizational strategy, competitive strengths, industry dynamics, profit levels, customers, and competitors, as well as how the business' focus fits into the overall Reece business strategy
- Guide organizational change through application of extensive knowledge related to the business and industry trends, relationship development and partnership skills, key internal company processes, as well as People Experience
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, ER investigations, corrective actions)
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the PE group to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
Adaptability - Effectively adapts and to changing work environments. Remains flexible in spite of adversity. Embraces change from current environment to desired future state.
Communication - Expresses thoughts clearly, both verbally and in writing. Reacts appropriately while listening and understanding the views of others. Encourages open communication.
Customer Service - Provides excellent customer service to clients, vendors, and/or fellow Reece team members. Responds promptly, professionally, effectively, and efficiently to internal and external customer needs. Manages difficult or emotional situations. Recognizes sense of urgency in responding to needs. Follows up to ensure requests and/or needs are met. Ensures commitments are met consistently.
Dependability - Meets deadlines and commitments to ensure the job gets done. Consistently completes assignments in an accurate and timely fashion. Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Demonstrates ability to work independently. Can be relied upon to meet deadlines and perform at expected level in typical circumstances as well as unexpected circumstances.
Job Knowledge - Acquires, understands, and applies technical and professional knowledge and skills to perform job effectively, efficiently, and safely. Understands and adheres to Reece policies and procedures. Stays abreast of trends and pending changes within assigned area of responsibility.
Multi-Tasking - Ability to multi task and juggle priorities within allotted timelines. Manages a variety of responsibilities in a timely, efficient manner. Prioritizes work appropriately.
Organizational Support - Supports organization's goals and values. Follows policies and procedures. Understands the environment and culture of the company as well as our industry. Works effectively with branches and departments across the company.
Teamwork - Facilitates a positive and productive team oriented environment. Encourages open communication/feedback within the team. Minimizes conflict and builds collaboration to maintain productive team.
- Experienced PE leader, with 6+ years of demonstrated performance and ability to provide PE consultation to executives and team members on PE issues including Performance & Talent Management, Compensation, Organizational Diagnosis, Employee and Union Relations, Talent Acquisition, Diversity, and Federal / State Employment Laws
- Proven ability to link PE strategy to business goals and be able to partner with colleagues to influence broader PE strategies and practices for the benefit of the organization
- Exceptional judgment, demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and be creative in developing alternative solutions in a fast paced environment
- Proven capability to work successfully across a large, matrixed global organization with multiple constituents
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management tPEough complex, difficult issues
- Proven record of leading an organization in a highly dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across divisions, functions and levels
- Ability to leverage data to formulate strategy and drive business results
- Effective communication (verbal and written), negotiation, and presentation skills
- Excellent project management and change management skills
- Strong internal and external customer service focus
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem solving skills
- Ability to identify and handle priority and/or sensitive issues with discretion, and a commitment to confidentiality
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related field preferred
- Master's degree preferred
- PHR or SPHR are preferred
Following is a list of physical and mental requirements identified as necessary to achieve the essential functions of this role:
Attendance - Ability to maintain the scheduled days and hours, including onsite presence at the assigned location as specified.
Physical Capacities - Lift up to 25 pounds on occasion, sitting and standing for extended periods.
Operation of Office Equipment - Job requires operation of equipment common to office settings, including computers, copiers, and other office equipment, including Near Vision, Manual Dexterity, and working in proximity to equipment.
Oral Communication Skills - Speaking, Speech Clarity, and Speech Recognition.
Written Communication Skills - Writing, Reading and Written Comprehension, and Written Expression.
Mental Capacities - Achievement/Effort, Active Listening, Adaptability/Flexibility, Analytical Thinking, Attention to Detail, Category Flexibility, Concern for Others, Cooperation and Coordination, Critical Thinking, Deductive Reasoning, Dependability, Independence, Inductive Reasoning, Information Ordering, Initiative, Innovation, Maintenance of Relationships, Integrity, Oral Comprehension and Expression, Problem Sensitivity, Selective Attention, Self-Control, Service Orientation, Social Orientation, Social Perceptiveness, Stress Tolerance, Support, and Time Management.
Our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We're also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Parental Leave
- Long-term Disability
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- Additional Voluntary Benefits through Corestream
We're an equal opportunity employer and we welcome diversity and inclusion! Reece USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer- Employer Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, and any other status protected by law.
This job has expired.