If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is seeking a Per Diem Audiologist to work at Soffer Clinical Research Center in Miami. The incumbent administers and interprets a variety of tests, such as air and bone conduction, and speech reception and discrimination tests, to determine the type and degree of hearing impairment. Travel to satellite clinics may be required. Bilingual is preferred.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
Department Specific Functions
- Performs immittance and emissions testing, and records results for future reference in children.
- Conducts auditory evoked potential assessments for patients.
- Assesses hearing sensitivity and quality and provides patients with information regarding the results.
- Consults with physicians and other professionals about patient's future needs and current progress.
- Maintains client records at all stages including initial evaluation and discharge.
- Documents all professional and clinical reports and conducts research on auditory topics.
- Utilizes local, state, and national regulations to make decisions regarding service eligibility.
- Participates in conferences, forums, and training sessions to remain up-to-date with or share knowledge of new hearing or speech disorder treatment methods.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
•Expected to also provide adult diagnostic coverage as needed.
• Documents all professional and clinical reports in a timely manner
• Utilizes local, state, national and funding agency regulations to makes decisions regarding service eligibility
• Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal and state guidelines and regulations.
• May be asked to work at multiple clinics.
• May be asked to onboard at multiple clinics.This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONS Education Requirements (Essential Requirements):
• Doctorate of Audiology degree required.
• Current valid Florida Audiologist license required.Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements):
• One year of audiologist-related experience is preferred.
• Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Part timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.