Role has P&L responsibility for Insurance products in a specified territory or region and will have assigned product responsibility and development of strategic and tactical planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Assist with product development of new and existing programs
- Manage, implement, and maintain state insurance
- Meet state/zone volume and profit objectives
- Direct and develop staff within geographic scope
- Direct the profitability, conservation, refinement, and geographic expansion of existing business and implementation of any new product structures
- Direct state and product efforts with IT, Sales, Compliance, Marketing, Finance, and other areas both within the division and throughout the enterprise
- Ensure all state and product initiatives are complaint with regulations, consistent within the division, and meet with company strategies
- Analyze and evaluate monthly/quarterly financial results while identifying and developing areas of improvement opportunity and growth
- Communicate results and action plans with staff members on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Analyze premium/loss trends and implement product changes
- Provide overall business leadership for the product in selected states across functions
- Monitor competitive and regulatory activities within the marketplace
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 3+ years of Business or Product Management experience in Insurance, Actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, risk management, economics or business administration
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and analyze complex data sets
- Highly proficient in managing and manipulating data in Excel, Access, and preferably in SAS
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to drive for results, deal with ambiguity, solve problems, make decisions, and see trends/patterns within data sets
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to persuasively sell a product
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Master's Degree
- Knowledge of SAS
- Expertise with DOI and legal regulations as it pertains to insurance products and services
- Thorough understanding of the NGIC brand and ability to exhibit behaviors associated with it
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.