About Working at Commerce
Wouldn't it be great to build your career at a bank that's known for helping people with their financial challenges? That's exactly what you'd be doing when you join the team at Commerce Bank. We're looking for teammates who are ready to do whatever it takes to help our customers with their everyday financial needs. You'd be helping yourself too, because Commerce has a tradition of recognizing and rewarding team members for their talent, skills and contributions.
No wonder we've been an industry leader for over 155 years and have developed a reputation as a great place to work in the financial services world. If you'd like to be a part of a team and culture that is respected by its peers and in your community, we should talk. We're always looking for the best and brightest.
Are you interested in Personal Banker opportunities in the Central/Downtown area?
About This Job
Our Personal Bankers are personable, goal-oriented, and have a passion for helping our customers improve their financial health. As a Personal Banker, you'll gain valuable insight into banking and finance, while helping customers with their daily financial challenges. You'll be helping yourself too, because Commerce has a tradition of recognizing and rewarding people for their talent, skills, and contributions. If this sounds like a fit for you, we're looking for a new Personal Banker to join our team.
Personal Bankers are the key ambassadors of the Commerce Bank brand. In this retail banking role, you will develop and maintain long lasting relationships with not only your customers, but with your co-workers and other lines of business within Commerce. As a Personal Banker, your goal is to uncover the financial needs of each customer and educate them on solutions to address those needs.
Pay Range: $18.00-$23.00 per hour based on relevant experience, skills, and competencies
As a Personal Banker, you'll:
- Receive the tools, resources, and training you need to be successful.
- Educate customers on a variety of retail products and digital solutions that enhance the customer experience.
- Ensure financial transactions are completed accurately and efficiently, while complying with all policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Actively listen to our customers so you can make appropriate recommendations that match their needs.
- Establish relationships with internal departments and refer customers to bank specialists when complex financial needs are identified.
- Interact with customers both in person and through proactive phone calls to ensure we are meeting their financial needs.
- Be able to earn more than your base pay through our quarterly incentive program
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Educate customers on a variety of retail products and digital solutions that enhance the customer experience
- Ensure financial transactions are completed accurately and efficiently, while complying with all policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements
- Actively listen to customers and make appropriate recommendations that match their needs
- Establish relationships with internal departments and refer customers to bank specialists when complex financial needs are identified
- Interact with customers both in person and through proactive phone calls to ensure their financial needs are being met
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to quickly connect with customers
- Motivated and organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Inquisitive, agile and strong team player with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 1+ year experience in a sales position required, preferably in the financial services industry
- Experience working in an environment with individual and team goals preferred
Position may be filled as a Personal Banker I or a Personal Banker II, depending on experience and education. As a Personal Banker II you will also be subject to National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration under the terms of the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008. Incumbents in this position will be required to register and ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all requirements.For this position, federal regulations require Commerce Bank to prepare an investigatory consumer report which will disclose credit history. If you express interest in and are considered for this position, you will be asked to authorize that report.**This job posting is for general interest only. You will be notified when opportunities are available**
Location: 118 W. 47th Street, Kansas City, Missouri 64112
This job has expired.