It's more than a career, it's a calling.
MO-SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
Evaluates and conducts medically prescribed physical therapy treatment programs to treat movement dysfunction and pain resulting from injury, disease, disability, or other health-related conditions.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of patient's condition.
- Establishes, revises and evaluates a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient/family.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard physical therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
- Provides education to patient/family /staff by assessing patient/family educational needs.
- Provides for continuity of care by participating in discharge planning with patients, families and other health care providers as appropriate, providing home instructions to patients and caregivers, recommending and or providing equipment/ home modifications, and recommending appropriate follow-up care if needed.
- Oversees activities of physical therapy assistants, students, and other support personnel.
- Maintains appropriate documentation that details the patient's response to therapy and the need for skilled intervention as outlined by regulatory bodies.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy, or related as required to obtain licensure in state of practice
Licenses / Certifications:
- Constant standing.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication.
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more).
- Frequent walking, reaching, gripping and keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, sitting, squatting, twisting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial relationships and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling.
Physical Therapist - State of Work LocationWork Shift:
Day Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
45030037 Physical TherapyScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
This job has expired.